Question Are my CPU cores broken?

Jun 20, 2020
Hi, so i had problems with pc (i was getting BSOD's very often) so i practically replaced every component one by one (RAM,PSU,MOBO,GPU) but it still continued. So logically thought it had to be CPU right? I heard that CPU's are most likely not at fault. So i tried disabling 2 cores (trought msconfig) and i locked PCI and it works now (it has been 4 days since, so im assuming its ok now) does it mean that there are broken cores (or 1 core i must test it furter) And i was wondering how could that happen? I mean yes, i have only stock cooler on it but i never overclocked it and i never saw wrong temp. So how could that happen ?
Thank you.

My cpu: Intel I5-6402p

As nobody knows if chipset drivers were installed, or mainboard recognized your particular CPU correctly in the BIOS, etc., it would be difficult to speculate if there was a problem or what it might have been now that everything has been replaced....

You could try clearing your CMOS, and a fresh quick format/reinstall to include proer install of all chipset and GPU drivers and all Windows updates and see if the issue continues.

Actual CPU failures do indeed happen, but, are somewhat rare...

Jun 20, 2020
As nobody knows if chipset drivers were installed, or mainboard recognized your particular CPU correctly in the BIOS, etc., it would be difficult to speculate if there was a problem or what it might have been now that everything has been replaced....

You could try clearing your CMOS, and a fresh quick format/reinstall to include proer install of all chipset and GPU drivers and all Windows updates and see if the issue continues.

Actual CPU failures do indeed happen, but, are somewhat rare...
Well the problem is still there. When i enable all 4 cores the PC starts crashing (mostly in games) and its bsod and random restarts PS: i already formatted my SSD and tried to replaced it with HDD.