[SOLVED] Are my CPU gans dead?

Solution
you have dual boot in it so windows should be first boot also give full name and model of it might not be powerful enough to play games specially with the gpu in .

icarus2712

Honorable
Jul 6, 2018
Temp are fine, laptops are hard to get accurate readings on and doubt it even has a gpu fan.

wonder what those gpu fans are..and why cpu fans are not displayed..anyways..

actually my convern was is my laptop overheating and shutting down midways, this used to happen after few days of purchase(its a second hand one)..
after breaking my head on it, I tweaked below power plan-without knowing what they mean really- and wonders not a single shut down thereafter..I am on win 10

hen i tweaked power settings as under creating a new plan as under, after that zero shut downs.
Can someone advise which settings below have resulted in stopping shut downs? Thanks

turn off display Never Never
put to sleep Never Never

advance settings >>>>

turn off HD , on battery 180 mints plugged in 180 mints
wireless adapter settings >> maximum
sleep after>> never>>
hybrid >> off
hybernate>>off
allow wake>> disable
usb suspend>>disable
processor>>min and max both 5%
system cooling>> both passive
max processer state >> both 100%
turn off display>>never
ATI Graphics Power Settings>>on battery '''maximize batt life
plugged in >> maximize batt life

However, when I live boot with usb drive -wanted to try garuda linux- just when UI loads it shuts down immediately...How can this be possible?

So was wondering whether its fan issue

thanks

allidsarebusy

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2016
The very firs thing I would do in this situation is open and completely clean it.

I have an old Toshiba satellite laptop which i gave to my wify. It works brilliantly and she has like 15 chrome windows and a lot of other stuff open all the time.

However, the moment I will start any 3D game it will shut down within 15 second.

I think i can help fix this by replacing cooling paste, but i can't be bothered :))))

Perhaps you can solve it by replacing that paste as well.

Reactions: icarus2712

icarus2712

Honorable
Jul 6, 2018
use the speecy one first and if temp does not go down when was the last time you dust out the fins and fans on this laptop .

Well, no idea as its an online purchase. But here's another thing that has happened.

As mentioned earlier, it shuts down in linux within a minute of booting, however when linux is booted in compatibility mode, there is absolutely no issues!!!

Is it some driver issues, someone told my it could be graphical driver issues.