[SOLVED] Are my DRAM timings right ? XMP causing system crash

Sep 10, 2020
Last edited:
Solution
What CPU do you have installed and what BIOS version are you using ?
My ram is corsair 3600 mhz lpx
Also what EXACT model number Corsair RAM kit are you using ?
Sadly Corsair LPX RAM has a history of Not running at it's rated speed on AMD based PC's.
Can anyone help me settings my dram timing are those right ? View: https://imgur.com/a/m0V48uS

My ram is corsair 3600 mhz lpx
View: https://imgur.com/a/Yv6xoJD

is 18-22 - 22 - 22-42 good or should be as the link 18-18 - 19 - 19 - 39 ? Btw im using XMP Profile

Did you manually set those timings or that's the value automatically set by enabling XMP?

The timings should be written on the memory modules too. You should check them... if timing is different from the one in your picture that means you have a different kit.

Sep 10, 2020
Your pics aren't the best. I'll take your word that's how they are set. Make sure xmp is on, or manually set the timings. They should work at the speed you bought them for.
Sorry for the bad quality my cam suck. The right column are the XMP auto profile on but my system crash with that . Corsair web page shows differents timing compared to the XMP profile auto . Should i put the same as corsair says ? Because i think that is causing the system crash without that not problem at all . Also another problem is that corsair page show 18-19-19-39 but the mbo uefi shows 5 primary timings what should be the order

Sep 10, 2020
Did you manually set those timings or that's the value automatically set by enabling XMP?

The timings should be written on the memory modules too. You should check them... if timing is different from the one in your picture that means you have a different kit.
Yes the right column is set by XMP but that profile is making my system crash . Without XMP is running good no problems

Yes the right column is set by XMP but that profile is making my system crash . Without XMP is running good no problems

Take one of your modules out, the timings should be written there too... check them to make sure.

The timings on corsair page are even tighter... if your system is unstable with looser timings, tightening them should make things even worse.

Sep 10, 2020
Take one of your modules out, the timings should be written there too... check them to make sure.

The timings on corsair page are even tighter... if your system is unstable with looser timings, tightening them should make things even worse.
The modules doesnt show anything , should it try with the timings in corsair web page ?

Sep 10, 2020
The modules doesnt show anything , should it try with the timings in corsair web page ?
Nvm module says the dame as xmp auto profile. Could my rams be defective. Because using xmp just keep getting the system crash. I'm gonna try using memtest86. Btw all the components are new. Could it be also my mobo is defective?[/QUOTE]

Using xmp it's at 1.35v 18-22-22-42 as one of my modules says. But my system crash. Could be ram defective or mbo ?
Could be a variety of things. I had a system with DDR4-2666 RAM that refused to work with XMP, but was fine if I set the RAM speed directly and not use XMP. My current sticks of RAM had issue with the DDR4-3200 profile on a B450 + Ryzen 2700X, but happily churns along with my B550 + Ryzen 3700X if I used it

If returning the RAM and getting a replacement is the least amount of friction, I'd start with that. Otherwise it could be the motherboard, it could be the CPU not being up to snuff (i.e., it meets the minimum spec the manufacturer said it could run at, but that doesn't meant it works beyond that since it's technically overclocked)

Sep 10, 2020
What CPU do you have installed and what BIOS version are you using ?

Also what EXACT model number Corsair RAM kit are you using ?
Sadly Corsair LPX RAM has a history of Not running at it's rated speed on AMD based PC's.
My cpu is : Ryzen 3600, my Bios version is 1.2 i updated to the last one but still same problem and my ram is this . I bought it from amazon https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Veng...ild=1&keywords=lpx+3600&qid=1600214161&sr=8-3 . Do you recommend to to test with memtest86 with the xmp profile ?

Sep 10, 2020
Could be a variety of things. I had a system with DDR4-2666 RAM that refused to work with XMP, but was fine if I set the RAM speed directly and not use XMP. My current sticks of RAM had issue with the DDR4-3200 profile on a B450 + Ryzen 2700X, but happily churns along with my B550 + Ryzen 3700X if I used it

If returning the RAM and getting a replacement is the least amount of friction, I'd start with that. Otherwise it could be the motherboard, it could be the CPU not being up to snuff (i.e., it meets the minimum spec the manufacturer said it could run at, but that doesn't meant it works beyond that since it's technically overclocked)
Gonna try without XMP to see how it goes thanks