[SOLVED] Are my fans working like they should? They are quite loud...

Oct 14, 2019
I installed some Noctua 140mm fans replacing the stock fans in my Fractal Design R6 case, and although all of the 3 fans are running, the 2 in the front are quite so loud compared to the back fan, but i cannot change their speed in any way! I tried going into bios, but when i put to silent, it didn't change the speed, even after i save & quit. Actually, in bios, it shows the fans as "N/A"... I have only 3 fans (+cpu-fan) installed.

And then i downloaded SpeedFan, which shows this, so...how can i change the fan speed, especially the front fans? I am running Win7.
Gl5HZmf.jpg

Solution
No.
The center connector should be the power in connector from the psu. The bottom right connector should be connected to the motherboard, then theres 3 fan positions above that for pwm fans. You can use a splitter because the signal carries from the header, which controls all fans on the splitter equally.

But they need to go into the fan1/2/3 positions.

Right now, with no motherboard connection, all they receive is straight 12v with no 'off' signal controlling the speed.
Oct 14, 2019
Well, what are the exact model Noctua fans and where are they plugged into?

Noctua A14 PWM and they are plugged into the fan-control part on the side of the case, as you can see here:
EhDbXpf.jpg

Come to think of it, the 2 front fans are connected through a Y-cable and into 1 slot... So it's 2-in-1, i guess. Maybe that's the reason, or?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No.
The center connector should be the power in connector from the psu. The bottom right connector should be connected to the motherboard, then theres 3 fan positions above that for pwm fans. You can use a splitter because the signal carries from the header, which controls all fans on the splitter equally.

But they need to go into the fan1/2/3 positions.

Right now, with no motherboard connection, all they receive is straight 12v with no 'off' signal controlling the speed.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS