[SOLVED] Are my gpu temps high?

Nov 17, 2020
A little back story first. I had a corsair 280 on my cpu and a 2080ti waterforce that is an aio for the gpu. The pump on the waterforce stopped working and I decided just to set up a loop for the system and is the first time I have done this. So I have the following. 360 mm EK radiator, EK 200 D5 pump, phanteks cpu and gpu block. The fans are 3 120mm noctua NF F12, Three noctua NF F140 on the front, and one NF F140 on the rear. The pump is set to max speed and with the three fans running at max speed on the radiator my GPU temps seem to settle down at 67-68 C. With the old setup and the same exact fans with one less 120 for the GPU the GPU temps were 48-50C under full load gaming. The ambient temp is 21-22C. The CPU temps on the loop seem fine. They are 55-60C when gaming for a while. At least that is what they were on the prior setup. I know I have less radiator now and everything is on the same loop but was not expecting a 18 C jump in temperature. I just would like a second opinion before I take the gpu block apart and try redoing the block.

EDIT: I forgot to tell you that my water temps seem to be around 29-34 C depending on where I aim the temp gun. Also have a 3700x not OCed

I could add a 420 to the front or a 140 to the rear, but I would like an opinion the current setup before I add more radiators. Also I hear all kinds of things like don't add a front radiator throwing hot air into the case and it wouldn't really do that much? I have no idea. Anyways thank you if anyone can help and hopefully I provided everything anyone needs to help me.

Last edited:
Solution
One 360mm for the whole system instead of separate loops. Seems about right after it is heat saturated, though typically you should see higher CPU temps than GPU temps, but you have a non-overclocked CPU and a quite beefy GPU.

Not going to break it to run it like this, might lose out on a few boost bins on the 2080Ti.

More radiator will help, but if that means taking it apart anyway, you could check your thermal compound application.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
One 360mm for the whole system instead of separate loops. Seems about right after it is heat saturated, though typically you should see higher CPU temps than GPU temps, but you have a non-overclocked CPU and a quite beefy GPU.

Not going to break it to run it like this, might lose out on a few boost bins on the 2080Ti.

More radiator will help, but if that means taking it apart anyway, you could check your thermal compound application.

Solution
Nov 17, 2020

thank you for the reply. I did use the new GeForce experience to see that the 2080 ti I have actually pulls 330 watts, a lot higher than the FE. I did an undervolt and shaved 10 degrees off and the wattage dropped to 275. Seeing what watts the FE cards pull Im happy overall now with temps and still a decent clock speed at 1950. So yeah I guess for one rad it just isn’t quite enough for an ultra quiet cool system. Thanks again though.