Question Are my parts compatible?

May 26, 2019
Recently I've been looking at building a PC. I wanted it to be an ITX build to save space in my small room. I want to know if there is enough room for a 310 mm GPU with the 240mm radiator that I might get. The gtx 970 is just till I have enough to buy an RX 590. I have seen builds with 267mm graphics cards and they seem to barely fit in the case with the radiator.

Parts:

CPU:

Ryzen 5 2600

Mobo:

Asus ROG B450I

CPU cooler:

Cooler master ML240R (Using NZXT AER F 120mm fans)

RAM:

Trident Z RGB 2x16 GB at 3000mhz

GPU: Gtx 970 Windforce 3X (310mm) or ROG RX 590 (298mm)

Case: NZXT H200i ITX

Storage:

1TB Hdd, 256gb m.2 SSD

PSU: Corsair CXM 450W

Thanks For the help

That power supply is not small form factor. It is micro ATX. I can't find anything on NZXT, Newegg or in reviews that says that case will accept a microATX power supply. I think it will work as it has a lot of room, but I can't verify that the mounting is the same. I'd contact NZXT and verify before you pull the trigger.

Everything else seems ok.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The H200i fits an ATX psu, but includes an SFX adapter if you want to go with a slightly smaller psu for added room. (Bonus points for consideration there!)

However, I'd seriously try to stay away from the larger ATX, like the 160-170mm deep units, stick with the 140-150mm versions.

May 26, 2019
That power supply is not small form factor. It is micro ATX. I can't find anything on NZXT, Newegg or in reviews that says that case will accept a microATX power supply. I think it will work as it has a lot of room, but I can't verify that the mounting is the same. I'd contact NZXT and verify before you pull the trigger.

I believe that the case does support my power supply
here's the partpicker link:
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/FQ648d/corsair-power-supply-cp9020101na

May 26, 2019

My main problem is that the graphics card might not fit into my case. I wanted to use my old 970 whilst I save up for a rx 590, will the 310mm GPU fit with a 240mm radiator in the front? If worse comes to worse I can use the radiator with only one fan untill I get another GPU.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Case is 379mm long. With 310 gone that leaves 69mm. The ML240R + fans is 27+25mm. That leaves 27mm for any case supports or gaps etc. It'll be close, but should fit.

It's mITX, everything will be tight, no 2 ways around that, mITX is the kind of build where you need to be careful about every consideration. Anything you can do, like using SFX, mini gpu etc only helps.

May 26, 2019
Case is 379mm long. With 310 gone that leaves 69mm. The ML240R + fans is 27+25mm. That leaves 27mm for any case supports or gaps etc. It'll be close, but should fit.

It's mITX, everything will be tight, no 2 ways around that, mITX is the kind of build where you need to be careful about every consideration. Anything you can do, like using SFX, mini gpu etc only helps.
Thanks

TRENDING THREADS