Are my PC Specs good for gaming?

Bob_81

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016
so my main question is, are my pc specs good for gaming? games such as league and hearthstone (usually 80 fps on high settings for league) run smoothly with my specs but games like h1z1 and tomb raider just flop to 15 fps so i was wondering if my computer is missing something
Here are my specs :
Processor -
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
Display adapters -
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA GeForce GT610
Ram -
16 Gb

Please help, Also if there's something missing that i should show please let me know, thanks!

Solution
Your CPU although a little older, is still good for almost any modern game you can throw at it, you also have a sufficient amount of RAM for modern games. However, your Graphics Card is very weak to today's standards and would struggle with most games especially above lower settings. I'd suggest upgrading if you can. A good start is something like an RX 570 / GTX 1050 Ti if you're on a smallish budget and should manage medium-high settings depending on the game at 1080p 60 FPS. But your CPU can easily manage higher cards if your happy to spend more in return for higher settings/FPS capabilities. If you are interested in upgrading, just be sure to find out your current Power Supply to make sure it can handle a beefier card. Hope this...

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador
Your CPU although a little older, is still good for almost any modern game you can throw at it, you also have a sufficient amount of RAM for modern games. However, your Graphics Card is very weak to today's standards and would struggle with most games especially above lower settings. I'd suggest upgrading if you can. A good start is something like an RX 570 / GTX 1050 Ti if you're on a smallish budget and should manage medium-high settings depending on the game at 1080p 60 FPS. But your CPU can easily manage higher cards if your happy to spend more in return for higher settings/FPS capabilities. If you are interested in upgrading, just be sure to find out your current Power Supply to make sure it can handle a beefier card. Hope this helps! :)

Just for reference, a GTX 1050 which is the cheapest GTX Graphics Card on Nvidia's current line-up, is over 1000% more powerful than your card > http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-vs-Nvidia-GeForce-GT-610/3650vsm7736.

Solution

Bob_81

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016

hey so how do i know if my current Power Supply can handle the GTX 1050?
Also this helped alot, now i have an understanding of what im dealing with thanks!

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador

Are you able to find out what model it is? Try looking for a sticker on the side of the unit which should list the brand/model an possibly the specs like wattage.