[SOLVED] Are my pieces compatible

Jan 10, 2021
Hey I’m building my first pc. I bought a gigabyte b450m ds3h motherboard and I bought dark flash dr12 pro 3 in 1 fans. I can’t figure out how the heck to connect my fans to the motherboard. I have watched so many videos on people installing fans but they don’t show the whole process. Are my pieces compatible and if so it would be awesome if we can FaceTime over the phone. I’ll even pay 5$ to anyone that can help me over the phone. I just really want my pc to work and not have to buy a new motherboard.

Solution
Read the manual. There will be a "CPU_FAN", "CPU_OPT", "SYS FAN x" and a number instead of the x

And possibly a pump header as well. These are the fan headers. Your fans can have either 3 or 4 pin connectors, they will have kind of a groove (idk. How to explain) on the side of the connector, make sure that aligns with the (anti-groove?) on the motherboard fan header. If you have more fans than headers (btw case fan can go onto cpu opt, and CPU fan, but connect cpu fan first then use remaining headers), then you'll have to use a splitter. They're available for very cheap on every online retailer
Read the manual. There will be a "CPU_FAN", "CPU_OPT", "SYS FAN x" and a number instead of the x

And possibly a pump header as well. These are the fan headers. Your fans can have either 3 or 4 pin connectors, they will have kind of a groove (idk. How to explain) on the side of the connector, make sure that aligns with the (anti-groove?) on the motherboard fan header. If you have more fans than headers (btw case fan can go onto cpu opt, and CPU fan, but connect cpu fan first then use remaining headers), then you'll have to use a splitter. They're available for very cheap on every online retailer

Solution