[SOLVED] Are my ryzen 2600 temps high?

ItzUknown888

Commendable
Jul 10, 2019
I have my ryzen 2600 built for a month and this week the temps have been really really high like ambient went as much as 36C now in the afternoon and google says that it feels like 38C anyway my ryzen cpu has the stock cooler on it and the temps on idle are 43-46 C and the load temps (when gaming)are on the low or high 60s depending on the title or sometimes even on 55 -59C I am planing to upgrade into the Dark rock slim however for the time being I wanted to ask are these temperatures ok? Are they a little high? If anybody knows please help me!!!

Solution
I have my ryzen 2600 built for a month and this week the temps have been really really high like ambient went as much as 36C now in the afternoon and google says that it feels like 38C anyway my ryzen cpu has the stock cooler on it and the temps on idle are 43-46 C and the load temps (when gaming)are on the low or high 60s depending on the title or sometimes even on 55 -59C I am planing to upgrade into the Dark rock slim however for the time being I wanted to ask are these temperatures ok? Are they a little high? If anybody knows please help me!!!
that's too low with that high ambient temp, i have a newly built 3600 with idle temp at 45-50C and easily went past 80C when playing CPU intensive game. Stress testing will make it as...

WildCard999

Titan
So I should not worry, but buy the aftermarket cooler as quick as possible right?
As long as it stays under 80C your fine. Also the system would thermal throttle (lower CPU performance to avoid damage) or even shut down and honestly I don't think the Dark Rock slim would be much of an improvement over the stock Wraith. Just continue to monitor temps and if it starts getting into the mid to high 70s then I'd replace the cooler with something substantially better such as the Scythe Mugan or something similar but it also depends on what your case supports.

The latest version of HWmonitor is accurate.
https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

harry218

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2013
that's too low with that high ambient temp, i have a newly built 3600 with idle temp at 45-50C and easily went past 80C when playing CPU intensive game. Stress testing will make it as high as 90C. your temps are normal and nothing to worry about. i wouldn't buy another cooler if i were you.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS