Question Are my Ryzen 7 5800x temperatures normal?

vilok9

Prominent
Jan 9, 2022
Hi there, I built a PC 2 years ago and it was more or less ok with it, but like a month ago I realized that my CPU temperatures skyrocketed. Reading other questiom about the Ryzen 7 5800X I learnet it is a hot chip, but people are talking about 40-50 ºC idle, mine is almost 70-75 ºC, and 85-90 ºC while gaming. I also read that it is ok if it doesnt go above 95 ºC but still a bit worried.
My CPU cooler is a Corsair H100i Elite, brand new (I changed it from previous one just in case it was a problem from hardware).

Also, this is my first PC built by myself, so I'm not an expert and didnt even touched any config or OC about anything, but I made a screenshot from HWinfo sensors, that I dont fully understand to be honest:
View: https://imgur.com/a/3sVpyKk

So my question is, should I be worried about these temperatures?

vilok9

Prominent
Jan 9, 2022
Not normal for that CPU/cooler combo! Did you make sure to remove the cover from bottom of CPU block? Is the pump wired correctly? Are you using iCUE to control pump?
About the pump wires, my motherboard have a CPU_FAN1 and a PUMP_FAN1, so I connected it to the second one, althouhg I read that maybe is better to connect it on the first one?

I'm installing the software but as I said, I'm not an expert so Im not really sure about what I need to configurate

kognak

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
In the screenshot CPU usage is 100% and core residency is C0 100%(fully active). It's not idling at all. First figure out what's causing it. Trying to "fix" cooling is pointless, people are pointing wrong direction.
Also XMP is not enabled, memory is running at 2133MHz.