Are my specs compatible?

Wotwot99

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
Hi, just looking for some help as I am planning on upgrading, my current specs are:
CPU: AMD fx-6300
GRAPHICS CARD: Nividia 750ti
MOBO: gigabyte 78mlt
PSU: 500w
RAM: 8gb ddr3
CASE: corsair carbide spec 01
Cpu cooler: H55 corsair cooler liquid

Now my PC works fine but I'm just interested if these new spaces below will be compatible if I go ahead with the upgrade

New cpu: fx8350
New mobo: msi 970 (ddr3 I think)
New ram (different brand): 16gb ddr4

Everything will be kept the same apart from those 3 components above^ will it work if I only change those 3 or will I need a new PSU or a new cpu cooler and how many fans can I fit with the new mobo because I don't have any, I only have a radiator for my h55 liquid cooler. Will my new mobo be compatible with my current graphics card (750ti) At a later date I plan on upgrading my graphics card to a gtx 970 so what PSU will I need to run all this if it is even compatible?

Solution

utgotye

Admirable
DDR4 is not compatible with any AMD chipset.

Depending on exactly what you are doing, you likely will see minimal performance gains (at best) as the overwhelming majority of things don't make use of the cores you have, let alone the extra cores you are buying.

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009

If you're sticking with the 750 ti, you wont get much improvement with an 8350 over a 6300, if any at all. DDR4 doesnt work with any AMD chipsets. This will change with Zen whenever that comes out. So I'd says either stay with what you got, get a slightly more powerful gpu (maybe a 950) or start from scratch if you're just determined to have alot more performance.

Solution