[SOLVED] are my temps ok ?

lespj

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
pump >cpu> 280mm rad >gpu>420mm rad. the pump is xspc photon 170. pipework is 12mm flexi, i have the cpu running idle at 40c and gpu idle at 23c. whilst gaming max temp for each component is cpu 65c, gpu 36c, is this exceptable ? why the differance in same loop ? mobo crosshair 8 hero, cpu, ryzen 3900x, ram 32gb patriot. gpu asus rog strix oc 2080 ti edition. all running at default untill i can be asured that temps are ok, if not, HELP!!!

Solution
I have "heard" HWInfo at times is more accurate than HWMonitor. I don't know how true this is.

....but those temps are fine.
In general I like the CPU below 70C and the GPU below 80C.
I'm also thinking you aren't running the GPU at full load when you see 36C.....as I think that temp is just too low.

Lutfij

Titan
In order to give you a confident answer, we're also going to need to know the ambient room air temps. That's the air that you're feeding the radiators to keep things cool.

At a glance you're in the green zone with temps, for stock clocks.

lespj

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
I think the temps are good.

The GPU temp is very low......I'm thinking not near full load at 36 C correct?

....and you can see differences in the same loop due to many factors. I wouldn't be concerned about that as long as the temps are good.
room temp is 20c, the temps are read direct from hw monitor, however accurate that might be

There is a lot that contributes to different temps. Heat doesn't transfer at the same rate through each device and the intervening layers of silicon, metal, thermal paste, and water block and so forth. Furthermore the temperature sensors in each device might be located in different places or one device might have a single sensor while another has several that it averages together. I am pretty sure the Ryzen processors have over a dozen sensors per core.

Your temps look fine to me and you have more than enough rad capacity for the two devices in your loop. Realistically either radiator would be capable on it own. I would go ahead and start overclocking. You should have more than enough capacity.

Reactions: lespj
I have "heard" HWInfo at times is more accurate than HWMonitor. I don't know how true this is.

....but those temps are fine.
In general I like the CPU below 70C and the GPU below 80C.
I'm also thinking you aren't running the GPU at full load when you see 36C.....as I think that temp is just too low.

Solution