[SOLVED] are my temps ok?

Jun 20, 2019
while gaming

h8CwKel.png

when playing a yt video at 1080p and letting it idle for 10 or so mins it goes anywhere from 35oc to 45oc
are these temps ok? should i be worried? (took my pc apart today and cleaned the entire thing, was dusty af)

Thanks.

CPU: i5 2500 (non k version)
GPU: GTX 750 ti

Edit: tbh i don't think these temps are bad at all, i mean while playing a game like fortnite my pc wasn't getting that hot, i had msi afterburner running and it was peakingg at like 55-65 it wouldn't go above 65 and i've read some posts apparently under 70 is alright

Last edited:
Solution
Sandy-Bridge was the last of the soldered cpus, all the mainstream cpus afterwards use paste between the cores and the lid. That meant Sandy's could really take a beating, and were considerably more temp equitable between cores, something you'd only get after a delidding and very good paste replacement with later gen cpus.

70°C is for the most part a generally accepted user agreement for maximum acceptable temps. Somewhere over that amount and you are getting too close to thermal throttling, the need for a larger and more efficient cooler etc. But Sandy's will easily hit @ 100°C with no ill affects, it's users freaking out about the temp more than the cpu roasting.

It's like the speed rating on tires. My H rated tires are good for...
while gaming

h8CwKel.png

when playing a yt video at 1080p and letting it idle for 10 or so mins it goes anywhere from 35oc to 45oc
are these temps ok? should i be worried? (took my pc apart today and cleaned the entire thing, was dusty af)

Thanks.

CPU: i5 2500 (non k version)
GPU: GTX 750 ti

Edit: tbh i don't think these temps are bad at all, i mean while playing a game like fortnite my pc wasn't getting that hot, i had msi afterburner running and it was peakingg at like 55-65 it wouldn't go above 65 and i've read some posts apparently under 70 is alright

Your cpu can operate at a maximum temperature of 72 degrees. It is unsafe after that temperature. Gaming at full load usually results in temperatures of 60-70 degrees on the cpu and gpu. However some cards can operate over 80 degrees. Your gpu's max temperature is way over 100 degrees so there is no worries.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Sandy-Bridge was the last of the soldered cpus, all the mainstream cpus afterwards use paste between the cores and the lid. That meant Sandy's could really take a beating, and were considerably more temp equitable between cores, something you'd only get after a delidding and very good paste replacement with later gen cpus.

70°C is for the most part a generally accepted user agreement for maximum acceptable temps. Somewhere over that amount and you are getting too close to thermal throttling, the need for a larger and more efficient cooler etc. But Sandy's will easily hit @ 100°C with no ill affects, it's users freaking out about the temp more than the cpu roasting.

It's like the speed rating on tires. My H rated tires are good for 130mph. So I'd feel comfortable upto @ 100mph, after that I'd get nervous because of tire age, tread wear, balance etc.

Side note, TjMax for the I5 2500 is 98°C, that's core temp max after which the cpu will throttle/shutdown. Tcase is 72.6°C which is the temp at the IHS, somewhat different and not read by apps looking for core temps.

Intel cpu's are good for consistent usage at the accepted 70°C, gpus are generally acceptable under @ 80°C, but neither should approach 100°C for any length of time.

Temps maybe reaching 60's? Hah, you aren't gaming hard enough to warrant breaking a sweat over your temps, you are Golden.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS