Are my Temps too high? (i5 6600k, corsair h50)

kevinkrg6

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
Just built my rig.

I'm getting around 60c on prime95 v26.6
with an AIO liquid cooler (Corsair h50).

This is for *no overclocking* whatsoever. The i5 chip is stock at 3.5ghz.

I feel like for an i5 6600k, with the liquid cooler, it should be lower than 60c.

Will I have much room to overclock?

Maybe I need to redo thermal paste, or flip the fan around on the radiator....

Solution
Tcase or Tjunction?

What program do you use to measure the temperatures?

The standard for measuring using many different programs is going to show you around 100 C before it shut down to prevent damage. So, you have about 30 C to go until you reach the first stage of throttling, which is when you render a overclock pointless, as a stock configured would beat an overclocked one.

Now, Prime95 isn't a realistic result, it's pushing a CPU harder than you normally would be able to, so I'd say your temperatures are right where they should be.

I'm not sure why you think 60 C is hot, it's really not when talking about CPU's.
Tcase or Tjunction?

What program do you use to measure the temperatures?

The standard for measuring using many different programs is going to show you around 100 C before it shut down to prevent damage. So, you have about 30 C to go until you reach the first stage of throttling, which is when you render a overclock pointless, as a stock configured would beat an overclocked one.

Now, Prime95 isn't a realistic result, it's pushing a CPU harder than you normally would be able to, so I'd say your temperatures are right where they should be.

I'm not sure why you think 60 C is hot, it's really not when talking about CPU's.

Solution

frank_hnd

Honorable
I ran my 6600K OC to 4.6 GHz in Prime95 with a Corsair H60. My load temp is 60-61, so i would say your temperatures are not normal. (my fans on performance mode but not loud)

Your motherboard already boosts your CPU to 3.9Ghz I think and 4.1Ghz on OC mode.

- where is the radiator installed and what are the fan configurations?
- what fan profile are you using?

TRENDING THREADS