Question Are my voltages safe?

magzzy124

Reputable
Aug 11, 2019
Hi, I was overclocking my athlon x4 840 cpu. And I was very pleased from the results(from 3.7ghz to 4.5ghz).
Maximum reported voltage by hwinfo was 1.43 volts. I added about 0.36 volts to my vcore.
Are these voltages safe and can I go further?

FM2+ socket

Hmm - I don't know how you've managed to overclock that then? Officially that is a locked processor and there are no articles I can find of anyone ever overclocking that cpu. Looks like you have achieved a decent overclock on it, I would say that for that generation of cpu, that voltage doesn't sound too high, I probably wouldn't push it much higher though. The key though is to make sure your temps are under control and that the overclock is stable.

magzzy124

Reputable
Aug 11, 2019
Hmm - I don't know how you've managed to overclock that then? Officially that is a locked processor and there are no articles I can find of anyone ever overclocking that cpu. Looks like you have achieved a decent overclock on it, I would say that for that generation of cpu, that voltage doesn't sound too high, I probably wouldn't push it much higher though. The key though is to make sure your temps are under control and that the overclock is stable.
It is true that this is a locked cpu. But I increased the bus speed, thus the memory speed is also increased.
Is there not really a way to find out the max safe voltage?

My temps are great btw.

Last edited: