[SOLVED] Are other outputs using on my PC using my Sound Card?

May 8, 2020
Okay, so on my system i have a sound card, but i'm not entirely sure if it's being used or not. This is the first PC i've built, so If this is a dumb question, I apologize. Do i need to plug my headphones into one of the audio jacks on the back of the sound card to actually get the better sound quality/ use the sound card? Or am i able to plug it in anywhere else and have the same level of quality/ still be using the sound card? For example, my headphones have a USB connector, so if i plug them into a USB port, (on the motherboard) am i actually using the sound card? Hopefully that makes sense, thank you for any help or knowledge you can offer.

Solution
Okay, so on my system i have a sound card, but i'm not entirely sure if it's being used or not. This is the first PC i've built, so If this is a dumb question, I apologize. Do i need to plug my headphones into one of the audio jacks on the back of the sound card to actually get the better sound quality/ use the sound card? Or am i able to plug it in anywhere else and have the same level of quality/ still be using the sound card? For example, my headphones have a USB connector, so if i plug them into a USB port, (on the motherboard) am i actually using the sound card? Hopefully that makes sense, thank you for any help or knowledge you can offer.
If you have dedicated audio card you need to plug all sound devices (Speakers...
If you have dedicated audio card you need to plug all sound devices (Speakers, headphones, microphones etc ) into that card and possibly also disconnect/turn off onboard sound.

Solution