Question Are power supplies important after the say $120 dollar range

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
Just wondered is a good evga, seasonic, super Flower an corsair pretty much all the same like a 120 dollar 850 watt vs a 200 850 watt?

Also iv looked everywhere can't seem to find a psu that has a at 3. 1 standered or one that came out fairly recent like 2023 am on a budget but don't mind spending g extra if is worth iy

I have a good power supply but is 600 watts so idk if ima run into an issue with that or not 7900x3d and a 4070super

So was looking around in meantime as would be nice if need to get a new one for it to be modern /recent. I really like the psu from superpower thay list 9 different protection mechanisms where as all the others list anywhere between 5 and 7 like ocp ucp opp ect also is the atx 3.1 spec important at all for a amd system read somewhere that's a spec for intel I'd assume is for amd to idk but listed intel

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Just wondered is a good evga, seasonic, super Flower an corsair pretty much all the same like a 120 dollar 850 watt vs a 200 850 watt?

Also iv looked everywhere can't seem to find a psu that has a at 3. 1 standered or one that came out fairly recent like 2023 am on a budget but don't mind spending g extra if is worth iy

I have a good power supply but is 600 watts so idk if ima run into an issue with that or not 7900x3d and a 4070super

So was looking around in meantime as would be nice if need to get a new one for it to be modern /recent. I really like the psu from superpower thay list 9 different protection mechanisms where as all the others list anywhere between 5 and 7 like ocp ucp opp ect also is the atx 3.1 spec important at all for a amd system read somewhere that's a spec for intel I'd assume is for amd to idk but listed intel
Depends on the exact model number of the PSU.

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
It's a evga 600gd was bout 100 isn't that old few years and the 2080 the gpu is replacing basicly used bout same wattage will prolly be fine

However I'm asking for. Future refrence cause I would be running it at its limit I would suppose during heavy gaming wich idk don't think is good for a psu to run at limit but anyways won't hurt for awhile I assume

But looking at new ones if I end up getting a 850 or 1000watt id prefer a modern 2023 or 2024 model. Only reason I settled for such a low wattage to begin with is I had a 8700k wich was real energy effecient and was on sale

There's so many psus out there it's hard to sort through them all I might go for budget I mean is only so much I can spend but finding a new model has been difficult I read the Tom's 2024 psu guide just wondered if higher end or better power supplies increase longevity of components

Now if ur asking make an model of wich ones I'm looking at heck idk I'm just browsing tryin to find a list of recent models 2023+ and preferably

ATX 3.1 standered

Last edited: