Are Radeons cards really better than NVidia?

prozac26

Distinguished
May 9, 2005
OMFG. Again, this topic had killed and beaten the poor horse. PLus, those charts don't have the 7900 series in them. But please, stop making stupid posts like that.

SciFiMan

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
It just depends on what you want in gaming vs. how much eye candy you can afford. In a general sense, it doesn't matter which you buy. But the ATI X1300 sucks, the X1600 (and 6600) is okay but not as good as a 6800GS for example, and they are the new minimum cards for gaming. If you have an AGP system yet, the 6800GS is the best value and you shouldn't invest any more than that into an old system these days. Anything above a nvidia 7600 (the new midrange) will be fine if the rest of your system is up to date. When you're talking about the top shelf cards it doesn't matter which brand you buy, although the fanboys will say otherwise. A couple FPS in speed either way at that level can't be noticed by humans inside the game.

DX10 cards will be out towards the end of the year, so best to wait for those if you can. That's the basic's and a search here will tell you the rest. You didn't say what you have now or what you need a card to do, so it all depends. But search and read past posts first.

urdad

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
OMFG. Again, this topic had killed and beaten the poor horse. PLus, those charts don't have the 7900 series in them. But please, stop making stupid posts like that.

Hey idiot in case you have not noticed this is a discussion FORUM and it does not really matter if this topic has been discussed before or not :roll: What is the point of having a FORUM if you cannot discuss something?

I have never been to a FORUM before where a topic was posted and discussed only ONCE :roll: :roll: :roll: It has always been this way and it will continue to be that way so if you dont like it then mabey you should stop reading them or leave? MMMkkkayyyyyyy.

raven_87

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Urdad, first off, why must you capitolize forum?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next off, I agree whole heartedly, its always nice to talk about something more than once. However this topic has been covered at least 6 dozen times.
So scroll back a few pages and just image why were sick of seeing threads as such. Especially with such general topics that have the tendancy to cause idiots to come in here and run their mouths (such as yourself).

So try to think intelligently before you post....thanks in advance.

urdad

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
this topic has been covered at least 6 dozen times.

6 dozen or 12 dozen times it doesnt really matter :roll: its always been this way and its not going to change. If you dont like it then simply ignore the topics that you have already read and move on with yourself.

A discussion forum is intended for discussions no matter how many times its already been discussed. What its not intended for is little cry babys like you and prozack who feel the need to bitch and complain when things dont go the way you think they should.

2 choices for you guys.

Get over it and move on with yourself or move out.

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
A discussion forum is intended for discussions no matter how many times its already been discussed. What its not intended for is little cry babys like you and prozack who feel the need to bitch and complain when things dont go the way you think they should.

I think what prozac meant was that you should have used the search feature first.

If you have so many other forums you visit and you don't like the fact that on this one people would rather you searched for an answer to your problem before starting another ATi/nV/Intel/AMD thread, then I suggest you use those ones and not this.

Not meaning to sound unfriendly, but it is fair enough that this one's a real dead pony as far as discussion goes...you really should have searched for an answer first.

urdad

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006

I think what prozac meant was that you should have used the search feature first.

If you have so many other forums you visit and you don't like the fact that on this one people would rather you searched for an answer to your problem before starting another ATi/nV/Intel/AMD thread, then I suggest you use those ones and not this.

Not meaning to sound unfriendly, but it is fair enough that this one's a real dead pony as far as discussion goes...you really should have searched for an answer first.

And the same thing I said applies to you. It will not change. Get over it.
One more cry baby to add to the list. :roll:

raven_87

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Thats one more person with an opinion I add to my respect list.....

BTW: I doubt you'll make it at this rate.

So do you have anything knowledgable to offer to this thread?
Considering your quite new here, it would have been a little more smart a move to offer your technical advice and comment on our "cry baby" attitude later.

prozac26

Distinguished
May 9, 2005
First of all, you're a n00b, no one give a rat's as s about you. Second, you're calling me an idiot, but you know, you can't be compared to me or my knowledge. Third, if you've been living in a cardboard box with no internet, I don't fault you, but even you should know people have been killing each other over this topic like a gazillion times, so there's no need to repeat stuff like this.

urdad

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
you know, you can't be compared to me or my knowledge.

Yeah you are so right! I only wish I could be the whiney little bitch that you are! LMAO! Must take alot of knowledge for that :roll:

prozac26

Distinguished
May 9, 2005

Yeah you are so right! I only wish I could be the whiney little bitch that you are! LMAO! Must take alot of knowledge for that :roll:
You're the one whining and bitching, not me.

urdad

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006

You're the one whining and bitching, not me.

Hmmm I think you should take a look at your first post in this topic. (OMG OMG I HAVE HEARD THIS BEFORE! WHAAAAAA WHAAAAAA!) Yeah I thought so :roll: :roll: :roll:

oldgreyhead

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
Anyway getting back to the original post. The xt1900xtx is the radeon flagship. The chart did not include Nvidia top cards (7900gtx or 7950 gt)

If they cannot win when Nvidias flagship 7900gtx's or 7950 gt's are not on this test when can they win.

Radeon have always won on some games ie HL2 and nvidia have been stronger on others (Doom 3 &Quake 4).

The chart is not a true and to date reflechtion of the market today.

urdad

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
I was crying and bitching about the fact that this has been talked about already, Im pathetic and have no life so I must complain when things dont go the way I think they should.

There ya go. Fixed it for ya! :D

urdad

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Anyway getting back to the original post. The xt1900xtx is the radeon flagship. The chart did not include Nvidia top cards (7900gtx or 7950 gt)

If they cannot win when Nvidias flagship 7900gtx's or 7950 gt's are not on this test when can they win.

Radeon have always won on some games ie HL2 and nvidia have been stronger on others (Doom 3 &Quake 4).

Prozack you should take notes from this guy. Now this is a proper response to the original question :wink:

Anoobis

Splendid
Feb 4, 2006

Prozack you should take notes from this guy. Now this is a proper response to the original question :wink:
So should you.