[SOLVED] Are RTX 2080 Strix cards artifacting?

nclfernando

Prominent
Nov 10, 2018
Just bought RTX 2080 ROG Strix but haven’t used it yet. So I heard about RTX cards are artifacting and I don’t know much about any recent updates and news about it. I mean for those who owns 2080 Strix, have you encountered such situation? What cards are failing, is it the FE, or what brand and what’s the actual reason?

Thank you.

Solution
The actual reason from "Might" be from the micron GDDR6 memory chips, but some say they work with no issue with micron memory.
It was probably a bad batch from micron? Not sure. Cause some as you might know they went into the flames.
From a brand perspective, there are mixed results.

But it is certainly fixed with later revisions.
The actual reason from "Might" be from the micron GDDR6 memory chips, but some say they work with no issue with micron memory.
It was probably a bad batch from micron? Not sure. Cause some as you might know they went into the flames.

Solution

nclfernando

Prominent
Nov 10, 2018

Okay thanks mate.