Question Are sound cards integrated into motherboards?

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
Yes, sound cards are virtually always integrated into motherboards. Some people say they're not high quality and you should get a dedicated sound card; I've never noticed a difference.

kerangovender

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
Sound cards are integrated into motherboards
Getting a dedicated sound card probably will just fill one of the PCI slots and allow more audio ports. Do whatever suits your needs

Sgt_Sykes

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
The answers are right that mobos contain sound cards, but wrong that you don't need a sound card unless you have problems.

It depends on what you're doing and what your requirements are. For general use with basic speaker or a gaming headset, an integrated sound card is fine. For a basic microphone, the integrated card is fine. If you want to listen to lossless music over high quality headphones, get an USB DAC.

If you plan to making a living with voice acting, want to record some music/singing or even just wanna make YT videos, you probably want to invest in a good microphone and with it, into a decent recording solution.

For general use, yea built-in sound is fine...

Reactions: Mandark

Mandark

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2002
The answers are right that mobos contain sound cards, but wrong that you don't need a sound card unless you have problems.

It depends on what you're doing and what your requirements are. For general use with basic speaker or a gaming headset, an integrated sound card is fine. For a basic microphone, the integrated card is fine. If you want to listen to lossless music over high quality headphones, get an USB DAC.

If you plan to making a living with voice acting, want to record some music/singing or even just wanna make YT videos, you probably want to invest in a good microphone and with it, into a decent recording solution.

For general use, yea built-in sound is fine...
this is well said, it really does depend on usage. I like super high quality music and integrated sound I can always hear noises and electronic chatter. I don't care for onboard sound at all, no matter what they say--nor sound cards (I use only DAC and AMP). but you can decide.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS