[SOLVED] Are temperatures of my RTX 2070 MINI 8GB Normal or not?

fragment0

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2015
Hi folks,

Just a question, I got a new "all-in" PC here i7 9700K 16GB DDR4, 2TB SATA HD with 245GM SD, 600W with RTX 2070 MINI 8GB (Zotac) and already did too much research bout it that video card, but thought id ask here as well.

This is the card PC came with (pre built) https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-2070-mini

Pretty much the card is NOT a quiet card unlike my previous GTX 960 and 1060 MINI 6GB which I never even heard inside the case under load in my all-in pre-built previous basic HP computers.

This card runs at 30Celsius according to EVGA Precision X1 which looks like a proper idle time temperature according to researches on the internet, so with no load and nothing open on the computer it stays at 30 degrees, which is fine with me, but my main consern is if its gonna be normal to having that specific card run at 80+ for a few hours of gaming or if its not good and could lead to some damages or what not.

I so far only play on 1080P on my native asus 144hz 1920x1080 res, at least until i actually get and hdmi and go for highier res, so pretty much i noticed "assasign creed odysey" on very high settings (not ultra high), can sit around 80 degrees with a closed case and if i open it, might be around 73-78 degrees. By the way the temperature goes to those degrees almost instantly as soon as gameplay starts kinda, i only played for 1 hour and started getting scared cause of the noise this card produceses (wihch is per reviews is actually normal as well, if i can trust those revies i found, but still scary) .Once again this is playing 1920x1080 very high settings (not even ultra), so im wondering if indeed this noise and temperatures for this specific card are where they should be and i shouldnt even worry.

ITs just i dont wanna be always opening the case and playing with an open case, i find this is stupid for a 2k dollar brand new machine, which also means dust will get in quicker and accumulate, so im looking for some pro opinions since im a newbie, also i have no clue how to play around with voltages or anything along those lines in case someone says i need to do something to fix something, but i will still appreciate if somone says i need to do something if backed up with actual steps/instructions of what exactly i need to do since im a newbie in all this stuff who was hoping to get an all in plug and play machine that i coudl turn on/off without any other efforts and leave it for a few years running with no issues. (Actually for that price thats how it should be though :)) I wish i knew bout all these things before the purchase, id then went for 2080 or something, but whats done is done.

Also is that motherboard i have cyberpower b360m xtreme motherboard BAD or its okay for what i have at least for now as per what u see on the screenshot.

In any case suggestions if i need to worry or not would be appreciated, im scared cause since im getting these temps on 1080p then what's gonna happen if im gonna play 1440p and higher????My machine should allow that but will my GPU expload if i play 1440p on highiest settings which id imagine will go beyond 80 degrees playing for a few hours since its already reaching high temps now on 1080p???? Unless what im considering high is not actually high yet, thats my concern. Need info on whats normal for this mini card with loud noise and if it can really sit for hours at high temps without damaging anything

Thanks everyone for PROPER / USEFUL responses.

Peace!

IMG-0428.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Reviews for the card state it can get loud, your system is not crashing and temps look normal. Leave it alone. One of the best way to break something is start messing around fixing an issue that does not exist. The small versions of the cards do run hotter and louder.
I would say your temps are a bit higher but depends on your ambient temps too:

They were hitting 68 under load using FurMark (a GPU stress test).

Also CyberPower itself is junk. They do not make motherboards and all I can find is that that is probably a rebranded ASRock board but they don't have a B360M Xtreme so I can't tell you anything about it. Most likely it was their attempt to self brand and contracted a company, again I think ASRock, to make a cheap board for their systems. This is similar to what Dell and HP do. Most of their boards are third party, Asus or ASRock etc, and just custom boards designed to be as cheap as possible.

Reactions: fragment0

fragment0

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2015
I would say your temps are a bit higher but depends on your ambient temps too:

They were hitting 68 under load using FurMark (a GPU stress test).

Also CyberPower itself is junk. They do not make motherboards and all I can find is that that is probably a rebranded ASRock board but they don't have a B360M Xtreme so I can't tell you anything about it. Most likely it was their attempt to self brand and contracted a company, again I think ASRock, to make a cheap board for their systems. This is similar to what Dell and HP do. Most of their boards are third party, Asus or ASRock etc, and just custom boards designed to be as cheap as possible.

I see, so seeing something like is normal? (see below)

I literally launched the game 5 min ago and thats what i see, also i dont understand why power shows 97%, im just lost, not sure i need to worry here or not and if i need to worry then what do i need to do, is the pc faulty or this is okay? All works fine otherwise, no issues with anything. Hmmmm.

Maybe i need to udpate anything? I only udpated GPU's drivers in nvidia, not sure if need to udpaet anyhting else on this brand new machine hm....

Running around assasin creeds odyssey now for about 30 min and temperature is stuck on 70, which is ok, but thats 1080p only on very high but not ultra high settings, anyway, interesting...........

example.png

Last edited:

fragment0

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2015
Do you have an overclock? And overclock would increase temps and the fan speed as well under stress.

If you game and it stays around 70c that is close to what the review got so I would consider that normal.
Nah, thats a basic one it looks like no OC there, also openned the case and it stays at 64-65 celcium now while in game with an open case though. My ambient temperature i dont even know, its not hot, actually pretty chill, wearing winter socks on ahahaha.

I guess those people who were stress testing were testing on the highiest settings where as me playing on very high settings on 1920x1080 native monitor res only getting same temps as them via stress test, so dont know :(

But what is that POWER thingy showing at 96-99% on that screenshot? does it even mean anything, does it have to show that amount?

Reviews for the card state it can get loud, your system is not crashing and temps look normal. Leave it alone. One of the best way to break something is start messing around fixing an issue that does not exist. The small versions of the cards do run hotter and louder.

Reactions: fragment0
Solution

TRENDING THREADS