[SOLVED] Are the +4 pins really necessary?

Aug 11, 2020
So my pc wouldn’t start today so i tweaked around and found out that if all 20+4 pins are connected my pc wouldn’t start, but if I unplug the +4 then it powers on. So my questions are - are the +4 pins really needed? And if so is there a problems with my psu?

Solution
20+4 should be 1 single wire harness, with a large 20pin block and a +4 pin block right there with it.

The other +4 is a 4+4 supplementary cpu power of which any modern cpu of any decent power rating needs at least the 4, but is often better with the full 4+4.

The 20+4 attaches on the middle right side of the board, the 4+4 attaches at the top left corner of the board.

The 2 do NOT go together in any way, totally seperate. So which '+4' are you talking about exactly?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
20+4 should be 1 single wire harness, with a large 20pin block and a +4 pin block right there with it.

The other +4 is a 4+4 supplementary cpu power of which any modern cpu of any decent power rating needs at least the 4, but is often better with the full 4+4.

The 20+4 attaches on the middle right side of the board, the 4+4 attaches at the top left corner of the board.

The 2 do NOT go together in any way, totally seperate. So which '+4' are you talking about exactly?

Solution

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
Waiiiiiiit a minute.

Are you sure you're using the +4 for the 20+4? And not the +4 for the CPU power? What PSU is this? Can you take a picture of your 20+4?
Hi, just saw your thread in apps section regarding Dashlane (you had a problem with code). Just curious, did you fix this issue and did they contact you back?

Hi, just saw your thread in apps section regarding Dashlane (you had a problem with code). Just curious, did you fix this issue and did they contact you back?

Yes. Their tech support in India had to escalate (one week later!!!) to a tech in the US that simply provided me with "backup codes" that can be entered in lieu of 2FA codes.

Unfortunately, that whole ordeal took over a week and a half and because I had to do "change password" on everything during that time frame, half the passwords in Dashlane were wrong by the time I got it up and running again. :(

And I can't believe a mod locked that thread thinking I was trying to circumvent securities. The mods are here are so up tight some times.

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Their tech support in India had to escalate (one week later!!!) to a tech in the US that simply provided me with "backup codes" that can be entered in lieu of 2FA codes.

Unfortunately, that whole ordeal took over a week and a half and because I had to do "change password" on everything during that time frame, half the passwords in Dashlane were wrong by the time I got it up and running again. :(

And I can't believe a mod locked that thread thinking I was trying to circumvent securities. The mods are here are so up tight some times.
wow, that sucks it got prolonged for weeks, but I'm glad it got fixed finally. I don't know how is it in Dashlane, but I'm using Bitwarden and it gives you backup (recovery) code for such cases (in case you can't login). It's very important to save that code somewhere. I save it in my Google keep and Onenote section which is password protected itself. By default, Bitwarden sends you codes on your email too, but I have disabled that for more increase of security, so if something similar happens to me, my only savior is that recovery code.

Yeah, I also think, that thread shouldn't be locked, you were simply asking for possible help and not some password cracking apps and etc...

TRENDING THREADS