[SOLVED] Are the files total removed from my pc in these cases?

smalltech

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Hello guys, some questions regarding saving my file and I if I can still retrieve the file.

Question A. After I insert a usb flash drive and I download a file directly to my flash drive save into my flash drive and remove my flash drive, is the file completely remove from my pc? Can I still retrieve the file?

Question B. Afer I download a file and save it to my pc desktop, then I cut the file and paste to my usb flash drive and remove my flash drive, is the file completely remove from my pc? Can I still retrieve the file?

Question C. After I download a file and save it to my pc desktop, then I copy the file and paste to my usb flash drive and remove my flash drive, then I delete the file in my pc and empty recycle bin, is the file completely remove from my pc? Can I still retrieve the file?

I appreciate all help. Thanks.

Solution
A: If you download to the flash drive and don't copy it to the PC, it will not exist on the PC. To retrieve the file to the PC, you'd need to copy it from the flash drive or re-download it.
B: If you use standard file management, you can't access it on the PC, but it's still physically still there so you could use a utility to retrieve it if you do it before Windows over-writes it.
C: Answer is the same as B above.
A: If you download to the flash drive and don't copy it to the PC, it will not exist on the PC. To retrieve the file to the PC, you'd need to copy it from the flash drive or re-download it.
B: If you use standard file management, you can't access it on the PC, but it's still physically still there so you could use a utility to retrieve it if you do it before Windows over-writes it.
C: Answer is the same as B above.

Solution