Are the fps I'm getting normal for my pc?

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Hey guys. I have an amd fx 9370 and a gtx 1070 and I'm concerned because I think the fps I'm getting in some games are too low. Well it's been a long time since I did benchmarks but as I remember I was getting really bad fps in battlefield 1 multiplayer like 30 fps in some areas in a server with 64 people. However, in the campaign my fps were different depending on the area I was located. In some places 40 fps in some 57, 75 in others. In rise of the tomb raider in the starting stage I'm getting 80+ fps and the lowest it gets is 70. However while I'm on the thermal valley my fps sometimes drop below 30 and generally when I'm facing towards long distances. In gta 5 in multiplayer really bad fps like 40 and in my house 55-60 and in campaign 40-70 fps depending on the area. The worst case is when I'm driving. Also take in account that I'm gaming at 1080p 60hz and if I downgrade the graphics I'm getting the same frames as ultra. I was thinking to buy a 2600x but I was wondering if a 1440p 144hz would be better. So what do you think about all these stuff? Thanks in advance.

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Well temps are fine my cpu never goes higher than 60C while playing games and my gpu is at 70C and lower with 100% fan speed. I'm on vacation right now I can't test to see my cpu clocks but I'm pretty sure my cpu never goes below 4ghz if that's what you mean. Thanks for replying.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

your cpu is simply not good enough for a gtx 1070, it is quite obsolete for gaming

its time or a complete new platform

if you want 144hz gaming then the only viable path is an intel one, as ryzen generally falls in the 60 - 90 fps range on newer games

Latest posts