[SOLVED] are the h410m motherboards good for the i5 10400f?

May 3, 2021
today I got an i5 10400f so my question is will an MSI H410M-A PRO handle that CPU so well? will the VRM in that mobo be stable enough for it with no overheating or losing turbo boost performance? I don't plan to do any CPU upgrades for few years at least and I am aware that it will be limited by the 2666mhz ram speed but I'm fine with that
The second options would be the Asus prime H410M-K or Gigabyte h410m s2h but i'm not sure if they are reliable or enough for it

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The ram frequency will be limited due to the processor, not the motherboard. You should be fine out of the box, though I'd ask you to get a non F variant since the iGPU does come in very handy when troubleshooting a discrete GPU issue. Also, I'm assuming you're on a tight budget but please do NOT skimp on a reliably built PSU.

Lutfij

Titan

The ram frequency will be limited due to the processor, not the motherboard. You should be fine out of the box, though I'd ask you to get a non F variant since the iGPU does come in very handy when troubleshooting a discrete GPU issue. Also, I'm assuming you're on a tight budget but please do NOT skimp on a reliably built PSU.

Reactions: foggydew2009
Solution
May 3, 2021

thank you
i couldn't find the non F anywhere where i live at least not decently priced but i may replaced it i ever found a good trade deal, i already have a cooler master psu mwe white 700w which i think it should be fine, again thanks a lot for the help :)