Question Are the Mega Fastro M200 SSDs a good buy ?

raxious

Reputable
Oct 3, 2018
So a couple of days ago I was checking some sites and I suddenly saw the Mega Fastro M200 2TB SSD for only 115 euro's. Now at first I wasn't all that interested but after reading it's a TLC SSD it's starting to look a lot more interesting, especially at this price point. The one that comes closest would be the Kingston NV2 but as far as I know it's really hit or miss with the Kingston ones as to whether or not it has TLC or QLC. Having said that, I honestly can't find anything on the Mega Fastro M200 SSD. Apparently it's a well selling brand in Asia, but that's about all I could find.

Anyone here have any experiences with them and would they be worth the purchase?

DJMCM

Prominent
Jan 24, 2023
Mega Fastro M200 2TB
You mean MS200

Here's a German webstore that has a couple reviews
Complaint rate: 0.58%

I honestly can't find anything on the Mega Fastro M200 SSD
The MS200 is a ceap SSD with TLC and DRAM (the Kingston NV2 doesn't have a DRAM) and a huge pSLC-Cache:
546_mega_electronics_fastro_ms200_2tb_HD-Tune_Dauertest.jpg

So a couple of days ago I was checking some sites and I suddenly saw the Mega Fastro M200 2TB SSD for only 115 euro's. Now at first I wasn't all that interested but after reading it's a TLC SSD it's starting to look a lot more interesting, especially at this price point. The one that comes closest would be the Kingston NV2 but as far as I know it's really hit or miss with the Kingston ones as to whether or not it has TLC or QLC. Having said that, I honestly can't find anything on the Mega Fastro M200 SSD. Apparently it's a well selling brand in Asia, but that's about all I could find.

Anyone here have any experiences with them and would they be worth the purchase?

According to this article it uses TLC and has a 1200 TBW durability rating. BUT...the article also states the mfr. uses multiple different NAND flash and controller arrangements. It also says, perplexingly, that a DRAM cache is "available", whatever that means. A guess would be it's meant for OEM sale: if you want to market one under your brand you can order it in quantity either with or without.

https://www.techpowerup.com/ssd-specs/mega-electronics-fastro-ms200-2-tb.d1332

Personally, I'd steer clear since you can't really be certain of exactly what you'd get.

raxious

Reputable
Oct 3, 2018
Alright yea, after reading through that topic and seeing some more stuff about it it seems like it's a fun SSD that has a high probability of no longer working after 2 - 3 months.

What about the Lexar NM620 or the Muhskin Tempest? They seem to be at around a similar price point (115 euro's) for their 2TB version. I see that the Lexar NM620 has TLC memory.