Are the original TT Toughpowers any good?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2381205
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2381205

I am building a budget PC which will include an i7 2600K and an R9 390. I'm looking around for used PSU and I found a TT toughpower (original) 700w pretty cheap and I was wondering whether this PSU will be good enough to OC these components or do I need something higher quality. (I know 700w is overkill it's just what was nearby). Please don't leave any PSU recommendations.

Thank you :)

Solution
Which one of the TT 700W unit you're talking about since there are 3x in total where all 3x are discontinued at current date.

W0105 - OEM: CWT - efficiency: 80+ Bronze - modularity: fully wired
W0106 - OEM: CWT - efficiency: 80+ - modularity: semi-modular - comparison review: https://techreport.com/review/13271/eleven-enthusiast-power-supplies-compared/16
W0295RU - OEM: FSP - efficiency: 80+ Silver - modularity: fully wired

Since only comparison i found is of CTW made semi-modular unit, i can't say how good/bad others are. But from that comparison, it was one of the loudest PSU among 11 of tested units.
Also do note that this comparison review was posted in 2007, making the semi-modular unit at least 11 years old. And the age alone is...

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Which one of the TT 700W unit you're talking about since there are 3x in total where all 3x are discontinued at current date.

W0105 - OEM: CWT - efficiency: 80+ Bronze - modularity: fully wired
W0106 - OEM: CWT - efficiency: 80+ - modularity: semi-modular - comparison review: https://techreport.com/review/13271/eleven-enthusiast-power-supplies-compared/16
W0295RU - OEM: FSP - efficiency: 80+ Silver - modularity: fully wired

Since only comparison i found is of CTW made semi-modular unit, i can't say how good/bad others are. But from that comparison, it was one of the loudest PSU among 11 of tested units.
Also do note that this comparison review was posted in 2007, making the semi-modular unit at least 11 years old. And the age alone is why i wouldn't use any of the TT 700W discontinued units since it won't perform now, 11 years later, as good as it performed in 2007, when it was brand new.

Solution