Question Are the YMDK carbon key caps compatible with the G513 keyboard?

Jul 4, 2021
Hi!

This is my first time buying keyboard components and I would like to use YMDK carbon key caps with my g513 keyboard. Are they compatible?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forum, newcomer!

The stems on the keyboard are the same as that on a Cherry MX switch, provided you have the GX switches on your keyboard, so yes they should be compatible but please note that not all keyboards have the same length of space bar and modifier keys(or bottom row). On another note, I'd stay away from modifying that keyboard's keycaps since the secondary functions will be negated on keycap.

Reactions: Heimdall42
Jul 4, 2021
Welcome to the forum, newcomer!

The stems on the keyboard are the same as that on a Cherry MX switch, provided you have the GX switches on your keyboard, so yes they should be compatible but please note that not all keyboards have the same length of space bar and modifier keys(or bottom row). On another note, I'd stay away from modifying that keyboard's keycaps since the secondary functions will be negated on keycap.
Thank you for the information! I use my keyboard a lot so I have memorized all the secondary functions and I will probably be the sole user of the keyboard so there should be no problem. Thanks for confirming the stems are the same as that was my main worry. I'm sure I will be active on this forum in the future as it seems to have a great community.