Question Are there any boards with the same ports as the MSI Z77A-G45 ?

Sytranom

Prominent
Jun 25, 2022
I was trying to install a new cpu but I think I bent (or broke I’m not sure) one of the pins on the board so I’m gonna get a new one unless I can somehow fix it. I’m talking about the ports on the bottom right of the board not like the usb and stuff, I don’t know what they are but one of them are for hard drives. Also if that is pin is bent would it stop my pc from sending anything to my display? Because it seems that it no longer gets anything from the pc. And what does the cpu phase blinking mean ?

Last edited:

Unclegig2018

Prominent
Jun 21, 2022
hiya i just look at the motherboard MSI Z774A-G45 where the MSI logo is the black and blue and you have got a sata 6gb/s and than from that you have got sata-3 and sata 4 and they are black

Sytranom

Prominent
Jun 25, 2022
hiya i just look at the motherboard MSI Z774A-G45 where the MSI logo is the black and blue and you have got a sata 6gb/s and than from that you have got sata-3 and sata 4 and they are black
Ok but do you know what the other ports are tho? I think I they may be audio input output and a power button connected to my computer case

If you bent a cpu socket pin, you can sometimes bend it back in position with a needle.

Since that motherboard is no longer made, you will have to buy used.
There are a number for sale on ebay.
Buying the exact same motherboard will avoid any windows activation issues if you have an oem copy.