[SOLVED] Are there any cheap 6 cores cpu that i could buy for under $100?

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
So i was thinking about upgrading my pc and i was wondering about buying an old flag ship cpu. So are there any old 6 core or maybe 8 core cpu that i could buy for under $100 ?

Solution
So i was thinking about upgrading my pc and i was wondering about buying an old flag ship cpu. So are there any old 6 core or maybe 8 core cpu that i could buy for under $100 ?
Phenom ii x6. using any xeon that have 6 -8 cores with good all core clocks (above 3.2ghz all cores) are usually hard, espescially for the motherboard is hard to get (the branded ones), tho you could buy them at aliexpress (a chinese custom x79).
Phenom ii x6. using any xeon that have 6 -8 cores with good all core clocks (above 3.2ghz all cores) are usually hard, espescially for the motherboard is hard to get (the branded ones), tho you could buy them at aliexpress (a chinese custom x79).

Solution
Need more context. What are you upgrading from, and what do you want to use this CPU for.

You can get plenty of 6 cores for sub $100. Unless you can find a Ryzen 5 1600 for this budget, Intel's older hedt platforms would be your best bet, however the motherboards are costly.

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Intel E5-1660, It's 6 cores/12 threads, 3.3-3.9ghz for around 70 dollars on ebay. If you want something 6-8 cores that's really strong you'll still be paying over 100 bucks. like others have said, xeons are your best bet for a sub 100 strong cpu.