Are there any downsides of having a Laptop connected to a monitor?

May 2, 2020
for example: Input Lag, possible problems, are there any requirements, etc..

I bet you're asking yourselves: "Why the hell would I use a Laptop with a monitor? That would make zero sense." Well, I need a Laptop for school and I love gaming. My current PC I am running on isn't very good when it comes to gaming (GT 1030, i5 2400), so I want to buy a gaming capable Laptop and connect it to my 23,6" screen which I am used to (17,3"- is way too small imo)

Thanks in advance!

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the only concern is that you don't try to use too good of a monitor. resolution, refresh rate and so is dictated by the gpu. just know what your gpu can do and don't try to run more monitor than it can handle. otherwise there is no reason to worry about using one. i've done it many times myself for the nice bigger screen.

May 2, 2020
the only concern is that you don't try to use too good of a monitor. resolution, refresh rate and so is dictated by the gpu. just know what your gpu can do and don't try to run more monitor than it can handle. otherwise there is no reason to worry about using one. i've done it many times myself for the nice bigger screen.
Understood, thank you very much! :)