GodEater1911

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
So i googled this a lot, and i found nothing really about fake ryzen 5 5600x cpu's but i recently bought one from amazon.co.uk for £208 = 250euros = 290$-300$ from a third party seller it was sold as like new, and the import tax on a brand new one would of been way too much, would of costed 250£ + 100£ import so 350£ in total from amazon itself, but i didn't know that amazon could have scam sellers or anything like that, tbh i thought it was shipping from amazon's returns warehouse or something, but after ordering it after a day i did some research, and i also tried to cancel the order before it shipped, but they shipped it the next day of requesting cancelation, it shipped from china which again i didn't know was possible for people to sell items on amazon.co.uk from anywhere other than UK or maybe europe atleast, but anyways when i did the research i found out something called amazon hijacking listings but its an amazon official listing and also they had 2 instock of the ryzen 5 5600x, (1 left after i ordered 1) but they also shipped so then its not a hijacking i thought it was one and they would of refunded because they had no reviews and from what i googled most hijacking amazon accounts are labelled as newly launched which it was, so now i googled a bunch of stuff about fake ryzen stuff and now i am worried if it will just be a used cpu from a system or a oem chip or something like that, or i will just get scammed with one of those fake ryzen cpus (Hasn't arrived yet will arrive ETA 18-25th Aug)

Last edited:
Solution
In fairness...this isn't IP theft he's talking about. It's scam artists doing what they've always done and no different from painting a brick gold and sell it as a gold bar.

"PSSST...hey, buddy... have I got a deal for you!" As old as time itself.

Not saying they will, but China might crack down on that sort of thing if it should start to interfere with their primary goals, which I'd agree includes IP theft. Right now it's a way to rake in dollars and euros from naive people. The people who should wake up and do something about are the US and European regulators who'd rip apart any domestic sources doing the same.
Yeah, and this is what separates the east from the west, or the third world from the first. The chinese heads...
Welcome to the new third world full of shady and unethical people on the Internet scamming the first world customers to get rich.

Any 'marketplace' site that allows third parties to fulfill orders is a scammers haven. They will typically sell stuff, make a lot of money and then close the company and form a new one. It's actually a billion dollar industry.

If you don't want to be scammed, buy it local. Because if it's fake, you can go back to them and ram the fake down their throat--and they know that, so they won't sell fakes. It's a lot harder to blow off a customer you scammed in person versus on the phone or via email.

So i googled this a lot, and i found nothing really about fake ryzen 5 5600x cpu's but i recently bought one from amazon.co.uk for £208 = 250euros = 290$-300$ from a third party seller it was sold as like new, and the import tax on a brand new one would of been way too much, would of costed 250£ + 100£ import so 350£ in total from amazon itself, but i didn't know that amazon could have scam sellers or anything like that, tbh i thought it was shipping from amazon's returns warehouse or something, but after ordering it after a day i did some research, and i also tried to cancel the order before it shipped, but they shipped it the next day of requesting cancelation, it shipped from china which again i didn't know was possible for people to sell items on amazon.co.uk from anywhere other than UK or maybe europe atleast, but anyways when i did the research i found out something called amazon hijacking listings but its an amazon official listing and also they had 2 instock of the ryzen 5 5600x, (1 left after i ordered 1) but they also shipped so then its not a hijacking i thought it was one and they would of refunded because they had no reviews and from what i googled most hijacking amazon accounts are labelled as newly launched which it was, so now i googled a bunch of stuff about fake ryzen stuff and now i am worried if it will just be a used cpu from a system or a oem chip or something like that, or i will just get scammed with one of those fake ryzen cpus

Contact Amazon support and request a return. In the future I'd recommend staying away from the "available from other sellers" links and stick with the Amazon only links...too many shady resellers pushing questionable parts.

So i googled this a lot, and i found nothing really about fake ryzen 5 5600x cpu's but i recently bought one from amazon.co.uk for £208 = 250euros = 290$-300$ from a third party seller it was sold as like new, and the import tax on a brand new one would of been way too much, would of costed 250£ + 100£ import so 350£ in total from amazon itself, but i didn't know that amazon could have scam sellers or anything like that, tbh i thought it was shipping from amazon's returns warehouse or something, but after ordering it after a day i did some research, and i also tried to cancel the order before it shipped, but they shipped it the next day of requesting cancelation, it shipped from china which again i didn't know was possible for people to sell items on amazon.co.uk from anywhere other than UK or maybe europe atleast, but anyways when i did the research i found out something called amazon hijacking listings but its an amazon official listing and also they had 2 instock of the ryzen 5 5600x, (1 left after i ordered 1) but they also shipped so then its not a hijacking i thought it was one and they would of refunded because they had no reviews and from what i googled most hijacking amazon accounts are labelled as newly launched which it was, so now i googled a bunch of stuff about fake ryzen stuff and now i am worried if it will just be a used cpu from a system or a oem chip or something like that, or i will just get scammed with one of those fake ryzen cpus
It's really impossible to "fake" a modern CPU...especially a Ryzen CPU. But shady reseller can sell you a used part as brand new. You may never know it was previously used as it works the same but if it's also defective it becomes obvious pretty quick.

The most common thing is to sell tray parts as a boxed part (some call that 'fake'). Tray parts were originally sold to OEM's without warranties because the OEM would provide a warranty on the whole system. That makes them cheaper but no lower quality.

Reselling a used part as brand new, or a tray part as a boxed part, without informing you of it is fraudulent practice though. Even if at a discount.

GodEater1911

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
It's really impossible to "fake" a modern CPU...especially a Ryzen CPU. But shady reseller can sell you a used part as brand new. You may never know it was previously used as it works the same but if it's also defective it becomes obvious pretty quick.

The most common thing is to sell tray parts as a boxed part (some call that 'fake'). Tray parts were originally sold to OEM's without warranties because the OEM would provide a warranty on the whole system. That makes them cheaper but no lower quality.

Reselling a used part as brand new, or a tray part as a boxed part, without informing you of it is fraudulent practice though. Even if at a discount.
Yeah hope this is the case, since it will be best case scenario.

GodEater1911

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
Contact Amazon support and request a return. In the future I'd recommend staying away from the "available from other sellers" links and stick with the Amazon only links...too many shady resellers pushing questionable parts.
Yeah i didn't know that it was possible to scam on amazon to be honest, but I also haven't received it yet, I just wanted to get some information on if it was possible for it to be a fake ryzen 5 5600x as I have googled it a lot and have found nothing about fake ryzen 5 5600x's specifically, Thanks though, also I'll update with photos of what I receive and will video an unboxing and inspecting of the CPU when I receive it for amazon, ETA is in a week or two 18-25th Aug.

USAFRet

Titan
Yeah i didn't know that it was possible to scam on amazon to be honest, but I also haven't received it yet, I just wanted to get some information on if it was possible for it to be a fake ryzen 5 5600x as I have googled it a lot and have found nothing about fake ryzen 5 5600x's specifically, Thanks though, also I'll update with photos of what I receive and will video an unboxing and inspecting of the CPU when I receive it for amazon, ETA is in a week or two 18-25th Aug.
Scams on Amazon are a BIG thing.
They do allow all sorts of 'resellers' on their platform.

You have to be really really careful.

"Sold and fulfilled by Amazon" is fine.

"it shipped from china " is not fine.

GodEater1911

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
Scams on Amazon are a BIG thing.
They do allow all sorts of 'resellers' on their platform.

You have to be really really careful.

"Sold and fulfilled by Amazon" is fine.

"it shipped from china " is not fine.
Yeah when it shipped from China that's when I started googling all of the fake ryzen cpus and stuff because I didn't know it was possible for chinese sellers to be on amazon.co.uk, but yeah thanks.

Oh yes it most definitely is--the companies that are contracted to manufacture the 'legit' processors will also have a side hustle of selling defects or even making older ones that a shady seller could restamp as a newer processor. If you could see how this works in the third world it would make a bunch of sense.

OEM processors won't be such a high discount compared to new as essentially it's the same thing sans warranty and factory heatsink, but it's not going to be as cheap as the shady seller's fakes. Still, the fake manufacturers are getting so good that only the legit manufacturer knows when you send it in for a warranty issue--which is when they keep your fake processor because it's an illegal good and tell you it's a fake and you are left with nothing.

Yeah when it shipped from China that's when I started googling all of the fake ryzen cpus and stuff because I didn't know it was possible for chinese sellers to be on amazon.co.uk, but yeah thanks.
Almost anything direct from china is a fake or a doa. Save your money for the real thing and work with a retailer that has a physical store since they will be much more inclined to be legit.

Oh yes it most definitely is--the companies that are contracted to manufacture the 'legit' processors will also have a side hustle of selling defects or even making older ones that a shady seller could restamp as a newer processor. If you could see how this works in the third world it would make a bunch of sense.
I doubt very seriously they've done anything different from what's also done here in the US or the EU. It's just harder to get away with it for long.

Fake Ryzen CPUs do exist.

Scammers will take something like an older AMD CPU and replace the heat spreader with one that reads "Ryzen5" or whatever you want, then ship it.

"Oh it doesn't fit in the socket, well you must have bent pins which is physical damage, thus the product cannot be returned."

Sometimes they will use valid AM4 CPUs such as a series apus that do actually work, but of course do not offer the performance you'd expect.

Reactions: SamirD
Almost anything direct from china is a fake or a doa. Save your money for the real thing and work with a retailer that has a physical store since they will be much more inclined to be legit.
Thats not always the case. A lot of people have reported getting legit CPUs from sites like aliexpress.

Something like a Ryzen 5 3500x can only come from China directly since thats the only region in which it is sold.

Fake Ryzen CPUs do exist.

Scammers will take something like an older AMD CPU and replace the heat spreader with one that reads "Ryzen5" or whatever you want, then ship it.
That's not really a fake CPU...you could do the same thing by just putting a brick in a box and shipping them that. Still a scam, of course.

It may be a semantics thing but properly, at least in my mind and others with a sense of history, a fake CPU is one where the scammers have taken a CPU and re-enabled the 'features' that were disabled due to either defects in the die or for market segmentation. That was made possible by the methods they used for disabling the defective parts, or because it was simply labeled to the desired part. Then they'd burn off the markings and laser etch new markings.

Intel had a line of Celeron CPU's back in the mid-2000's that were famously 'upgraded' to Pentium 4's or something like that. AMD's had it done to many of their CPU's too. They'd usually function just like the part they were relabeled to be and most softwares would not be able to tell the difference, although performance might suffer and no overclocking headroom.

Due to how they're made, with CPU-ID's being fused on the die, the strict binning process used and other things, it's not really possible to do that sort of thing with Ryzen CPU's, probably not Intel CPU's either. They'd never pass muster even for BIOS so it would be obvious they're just re-marked parts. Still a scam, of course.

Last edited:
Thats not always the case. A lot of people have reported getting legit CPUs from sites like aliexpress.

Something like a Ryzen 5 3500x can only come from China directly since thats the only region in which it is sold.
NOTHING on aliexpress is legit unless you are phyiscally in china. There is is legit. The outward facing site is just scambait and ccc (cheap chinese crap).

And importing something that is legit in another region of the world generally violates some of the IP as well as technology import restrictions. These aren't enforced because of the flood of this crap, but it's technically against the law.

Short version--stay legit, buy local.

Aug 27, 2021
I bought today in Germany this CPU from Amazon Market place with just 199 Euro the seller is from China.
I asked Amazon customer service before i bought this CPU, they told me that I should not be worried about that. Shipping until 15 September.

I bought today in Germany this CPU from Amazon Market place with just 199 Euro the seller is from China.
I asked Amazon customer service before i bought this CPU, they told me that I should not be worried about that. Shipping until 15 September.
Of course they'll tell you not to worry--they lie to their customers all the time too. It will be a good day when all the manufacturing of electronics by the big companies like this is pull out to remove the illegals and fakes out there. The people have one choice--buy legit.

GodEater1911

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
if its this seller "
tianjinhuijishengkejiyouxiangongsi

then they have one review saying -
1 out of 5 starsThis seller is a scammer!!!
By Teemu S. on 27 August 2021.

I wouldn't really be worried even though its most likely a scam, i don't think it will be hard to get your money back, but its a huge waste of time though.

GodEater1911

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
I'm surprised china doesn't really do anything about these "fake" stuff, since they have such serious laws against like gambling, and even cheating in games, like there is a few cases of people getting arrested in china for cheating in games, but idk :/