[SOLVED] Are there any fake ryzen 5 5600x cpus

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GodEater1911

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
So i googled this a lot, and i found nothing really about fake ryzen 5 5600x cpu's but i recently bought one from amazon.co.uk for £208 = 250euros = 290$-300$ from a third party seller it was sold as like new, and the import tax on a brand new one would of been way too much, would of costed 250£ + 100£ import so 350£ in total from amazon itself, but i didn't know that amazon could have scam sellers or anything like that, tbh i thought it was shipping from amazon's returns warehouse or something, but after ordering it after a day i did some research, and i also tried to cancel the order before it shipped, but they shipped it the next day of requesting cancelation, it shipped from china which again i didn't know was possible for people to sell items on amazon.co.uk from anywhere other than UK or maybe europe atleast, but anyways when i did the research i found out something called amazon hijacking listings but its an amazon official listing and also they had 2 instock of the ryzen 5 5600x, (1 left after i ordered 1) but they also shipped so then its not a hijacking i thought it was one and they would of refunded because they had no reviews and from what i googled most hijacking amazon accounts are labelled as newly launched which it was, so now i googled a bunch of stuff about fake ryzen stuff and now i am worried if it will just be a used cpu from a system or a oem chip or something like that, or i will just get scammed with one of those fake ryzen cpus (Hasn't arrived yet will arrive ETA 18-25th Aug)

Last edited:
Solution
In fairness...this isn't IP theft he's talking about. It's scam artists doing what they've always done and no different from painting a brick gold and sell it as a gold bar.

"PSSST...hey, buddy... have I got a deal for you!" As old as time itself.

Not saying they will, but China might crack down on that sort of thing if it should start to interfere with their primary goals, which I'd agree includes IP theft. Right now it's a way to rake in dollars and euros from naive people. The people who should wake up and do something about are the US and European regulators who'd rip apart any domestic sources doing the same.
Yeah, and this is what separates the east from the west, or the third world from the first. The chinese heads...
I'm surprised china doesn't really do anything about these "fake" stuff, since they have such serious laws against like gambling, and even cheating in games, like there is a few cases of people getting arrested in china for cheating in games, but idk :/
Are you kidding? IP theft is a big part of their 'take over the world by 2050' initiative.

The world needs to wake up and no longer let IP theft be allowed. Pull the manufacturing contracts away from them that gives them the power to damage everyone else.

Are you kidding? IP theft is a big part of their 'take over the world by 2050' initiative.

The world needs to wake up and no longer let IP theft be allowed. Pull the manufacturing contracts away from them that gives them the power to damage everyone else.
In fairness...this isn't IP theft he's talking about. It's scam artists doing what they've always done and no different from painting a brick gold and sell it as a gold bar.

Not saying they will, but China might crack down on that sort of thing if it should start to interfere with their primary goals, which I'd agree includes IP theft. Right now it's a way to rake in dollars and euros from naive people. The people who should wake up and do something about are the US and European regulators who'd rip apart any domestic sources doing the same.

Last edited:

Yeah, and this is what separates the east from the west, or the third world from the first. The chinese heads believe that you can never stop the bad guy, so be the bad guy. This is a hard contrast to what the west believes in which is individual freedom and individual responsibility to the self and the whole. They are actually incompatible ways of thinking that are now facing off in the world economy, warfare, and cyberwarfare.

The primary goals of IP theft are to steal it for their own in-house development to crush the competitors and created a monopolistic situation by which the influence can be used to control the citizens in a form of 'fake freedom/capitalism'. They want The Matrix where all of us go on with our so called lives, which are actually just feeding the power in control.

The solution is actually quite simple--stop the trade. There's not a single thing produced there that cannot be produced domestically, including all of these cpus, and if the production is kept close to the company that owns them, it's a lot harder for them to walk away into enemy hands.

Last edited:
Solution

GodEater1911

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
Obviously was a scam but, even though it was a big waste of time, the package delivered but not even to me it got delivered to who knows where it just says to GB which i am not in GB, on third party tracking websites it also says that it went back to china at one stage and on amazon it says "
Delivered today
The package was handed directly to the customer."
I made a claim, saying package never received / delivered, instantly got an email saying your refund has been processed will take up to 5 days, so yeah i am getting a refund but its just a waste of time don't see the benefits on the seller as I would expect amazon to hold the funds before the seller has received it rather than give them the funds instantly which in that case they just waste my time and their own time..