[SOLVED] Are there any faults in this build

Solution
it all will work together but i would not bother with a 120 gb ssd. it will fill up so fast you'll likely never get the desired effect out of it. 500+gb is the lowest i'd go for one. for now just use the WD blue and get a bigger ssd down the road when you have the cash. they are coming down in price quickly so should be able to save up pretty quick. i see 500gb models for about $60 all over. and even less on sale down to under $50 at times.

second thing is the psu. i'd go for a better one than that one for a bit extra cash. i don't see many better options for decent price but what you save not getting the tiny ssd, can go to a better psu such as...

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
it all will work together but i would not bother with a 120 gb ssd. it will fill up so fast you'll likely never get the desired effect out of it. 500+gb is the lowest i'd go for one. for now just use the WD blue and get a bigger ssd down the road when you have the cash. they are coming down in price quickly so should be able to save up pretty quick. i see 500gb models for about $60 all over. and even less on sale down to under $50 at times.

second thing is the psu. i'd go for a better one than that one for a bit extra cash. i don't see many better options for decent price but what you save not getting the tiny ssd, can go to a better psu such as

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product...ied-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-core-gm-500

Solution

hyperiss

Prominent
Dec 29, 2019
I personally have a 120gb boot drive. If you only need it for booting faster its completely adequate, i have basically all of my everyday use apps on it, discord/spotify/steam/origin. You probably wont be able to fit a game on it though.

hyperiss

Prominent
Dec 29, 2019
"booting faster" is a useless metric.

And in the price per GB market of 2020...120GB SD is on the wrong side of the curve.
Useless metric? When i switched from hdd to ssd my boot time went from 5 minutes to 15 seconds. It costs like 20$ for a 120gb ssd. Its a completely fine buy.