Are there any files on SSD (root/boot?) that an disk Image won't restore? Atempted to dump SSD Image (C:) on WD USB as C:. Ct

okak

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014
I attempted to dump Image of C: partition (of SanDisk SSD 120G), onto WD Passport (USB) to have it bootable in case.....After a crash, SSD won't boot as well as another IDE - not connected at the time. Loading their own Image on ether one makes no difference. Is this a mobo problem - a corrupted file in (?) BIOS? Mobo is ASUS H87-Pro, W7. The moment the 4 color objects appear, it reboots to BIOS. Thanks.

Solution
It's fixed now. W7 was installed on (default) BIOS "IDE". Crash caused change in BIOS to SATA or AHCI, so C: W7 (installed in IDE mode wouldn't boot in other setting than IDE. Image was made of W7/IDE so it wouldn't work ether! Thanks for reply-I spend days trying to fix the boot!

okak

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014
Yes w7 installation disk/repair, command prompt; bootrec /fixboot, bootrec /fixmbr, rebuildbcd. I have 3 Image of the C: partition made in last month - can't see how any of them got corrupted as they were in a folder in second partition! What's puzzling is that from scratch W7 installation is almost OK - works, Image/restore but Echo Layla audio card is missing I/O and other silly things like Incredimail stopped working-uninstalled-re-installed-dead. Also Samsung audio drv won't stay unless NVIDA card in In - noisy so I was using on board video and Samsung audio enabled sound from monitor (Samsung smart 32"). There must be some 'root' in HD where the "device is inaccessible". Have a info: "The boot selection (C:) failed because a required device is inaccessible"

okak

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014

okak

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014
It's fixed now. W7 was installed on (default) BIOS "IDE". Crash caused change in BIOS to SATA or AHCI, so C: W7 (installed in IDE mode wouldn't boot in other setting than IDE. Image was made of W7/IDE so it wouldn't work ether! Thanks for reply-I spend days trying to fix the boot!

Solution

okak

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014

ak: Thanks! To be honest it was solved by local PC repairer who gave me this advice-I gave him Jack Daniel's!