Are there any good cases for these specs?

GeneralPants

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
Also, any additional things to add or things that I may have put that aren't so good

CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K $339.98 *
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VI Gene $189.99
Memory
Corsair 16GB $149.99
Storage
Samsung 250GB SSD $199.99
Video Card
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti $699.99 *
Power Supply
Corsair 650W

Solution
Basically, choosing a case comes down to you liking how it looks, as long as it has enough usb ports and room for your cooling choice. There are literally THOUSANDS of cases out there that will fit your parts, and keep them cool enough. Since you are going to be the one looking at the case for the next few years, it's not really reasonable to have someone else recommend one for you.
The things you should look at when choosing a case are as follows: Usb 3.0 compatibility, if there is any chance you'll be moving large amounts of data from your computer to a usb drive or external drive, you want usb 3.0
Cooling capability: None of the parts you have listed are going to run super hot, but if you decide to overclock down the road, you want...

jeremyp79

Distinguished
Basically, choosing a case comes down to you liking how it looks, as long as it has enough usb ports and room for your cooling choice. There are literally THOUSANDS of cases out there that will fit your parts, and keep them cool enough. Since you are going to be the one looking at the case for the next few years, it's not really reasonable to have someone else recommend one for you.
The things you should look at when choosing a case are as follows: Usb 3.0 compatibility, if there is any chance you'll be moving large amounts of data from your computer to a usb drive or external drive, you want usb 3.0
Cooling capability: None of the parts you have listed are going to run super hot, but if you decide to overclock down the road, you want to have plenty of cooling to support it. Try to find a case with either at least a 200 or 2 120mm fans in the front for air intake, 2 120 or 2 140 mm exhaust at the top(this will accomadate an aio water cooler such as the corsair h100) , and a 120 or 140 mm exhaust fan at the back of the case. This doesnt mean that you need on that has all these fans already, and most will not have exhaust fans on the top, just the capability to add them in case your temps arent where you want them to be.
Make sure that it's big enough to house your parts choices. Basically any mid or full tower will have plenty of room for your video card, but make sure you have enough hard drive and 5.25 inch bays to fit your needs.
And last, but definitely not least, make sure you like the way it looks. Aesthetics are a pretty big factor, so find one you like the looks of. If you want the cool leds and all that kind of stuff, find a case that has them
I hope I've provided enough info to get you steered in the right direction. If you can provide the kind of look youre looking for, a budget for the case, and the place you would like to get it from, we can help you decide between cases.

Solution

GeneralPants

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014

Thanks so much for responding! I was originally considering an Origin PC but they were very expensive and I wanted the excitement of building my own PC. The style I'm looking is either simplistic and protective or one that looks really cool but is protective too. I've seen cheap cases that looked great but actually were bad with protection. Additionally, I am getting an overclocked EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti. Also, I'm up for any suggestions you have with fans. I checked on the case I'm currently looking at and it has the fans you said it should need.

jeremyp79

Distinguished
Of those 2, I would choose the aerocool, because it appears the fractal doesnt have any front fan intakes. Might also look at the corsair 400r and 500r, the cooler master storm enforcer, and the NZXT Phantom 410's.

GeneralPants

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014

Thanks, I'm choosing the Corsair 500R Black. Also, could you give me some feedback on the specs? I'm certain on my cpu and gpu, but any additional things? Maybe a different motherboard?

jeremyp79

Distinguished
Can't really go wrong with an Asus motherboard. Their customer service kinda sucks, but the parts are awesome. I would add a 1tb or maybe 2tb storage drive, and use the 240 for your boot drive and gaming. As for the power supply, stick with hx or tx series, if you can, or even an ax. The rm series and cx series are made with cheaper capacitors, and have had some issues.
Seems like you have a really great system there. Let us know how it goes :) Should be a great gaming rig for a few years.

GeneralPants

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014

Thanks, I recently just got into hardware and I'm really enjoying it. Thanks so much for the feedback.

GeneralPants

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014

These are my finishing specs.
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K $339.98 *
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VI Gene $189.99
Memory
Corsair 16GB $149.99
Storage
Samsung 250GB SSD $199.99