[SOLVED] Are there any motherboards that won't need a bios update to work with the AMD 5900x?

Aug 22, 2021
I am looking to eventually upgrade my setup, but it seems that most people who have gotten the 5900x and a new motherboard with it needed to update the bios before the CPU could even work with it. Most of them had a previous gen card that i guess worked with the motherboard. Are there any that don't need a bios update? Seems like most on pcpartpicker need a bios update beforehand.

Last edited:
Solution
I am looking to eventually upgrade my setup, but it seems that most people who have gotten the 5900x and a new motherboard with it needed to update the bios before the CPU could even work with it. Most of them had a previous gen card that i guess worked with the motherboard. Are there any that don't need a bios update? Seems like most on pcpartpicker need a bios update beforehand.
Most b550 motherboard comes before ryzen 5000 came out, so you should ask for the seller to update the bios to the latest, or you could buy a motherboard that have bios flashback button and flash the bios without using anything but psu connected to the board.
Here's the list.
Most b550 motherboard comes before ryzen 5000 came out, so you should ask for the seller to update the bios to the latest, or you could buy a motherboard that have bios flashback button and flash the bios without using anything but psu connected to the board.
Here's the list.

Solution