Dec 12, 2018
I don't know of any PCIe or M.2 to RAM (DIMM) adapters, so I would like to know if anybody here knows of such a thing.
I am talking about PCIe/M.2 to DIMM adapters, not the DIMM to PCIe adapters that allow RAM to work over the PCIe bus (inherently at a slower rate/higher latency).
Also, I am asking this question for my curious side, so please don't ask me: "Why?".

Dec 12, 2018
That is, you want to attach PCIe device, thru an adapter, to DIMM socket on the motherboard?

I am also wondering why there's no adapters for such "obvious" use case - PCIe device connected to the memory controller...
Yes, I want to attach a PCIe device, through an adapter, to the DIMM slot on the motherboard.

Dec 12, 2018
No way. That DIMM socket goes directly into the memory controller, and has no connections whatsoever to PCI lanes on the CPU or SB.
I was thinking more of an M.2 SSD (or more than 1 SSD in RAID 0) that would plug into the DIMM slot.

I could create an Optane DIMM with an M.2 Optane (don't ask why I won't buy an Optane DIMM).

You're probably talking about DIMM.2 extension card.
That is Asus exclusive technology. It doesn't go into DIMM slot, it goes into special/proprietary DIMM.2 slot on select Asus motherboards - like Asus ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX for example.

LLowoAlacn3IwVNA_setting_000_1_90_end_500.png