[SOLVED] Are there any PCIE4 M.2? If not what M2 is good? Samsung?

Astralv

Distinguished
I always had Samsung drives, looking at simple 970 Evo, but thought I would ask if any were released in PCIE4.
I see Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280
Max Sequential ReadUp to 4950 MBpsMax Sequential WriteUp to 2500 MBps4KB Random ReadUp to 420,000 IOPS4KB Random WriteUp to 550,000 IOPS

GIGABYTE AORUS NVMe Gen4
Max Sequential ReadUp to 5000 MBpsMax Sequential WriteUp to 4400 MBps4KB Random ReadUp to 750,000 IOPS4KB Random WriteUp to 700,000 IOPS

Is it worth the price tag? This system will be for basic Steam/Minecraft gaming. I build with TUF and it happens to have PCIE support- wanted to try it. What SSD should I get?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
Just an interface, only thing that matters is what you plan to do with it. Do you even have a job capable of approaching that level of performance? Faster than most home networks, faster than most other forms of storage, etc. So it would only be useful if you had two of them and needed to transfer files between them, often. Otherwise even a SATA SSD is still fine for most people.

970 Evo is a fine compromise between good performance and okay reliability. If it needs to be super reliable, look at the Samsung Pro drives that still use MLC. If you want actual 'speed' improvements look at the large Intel Optane drives. That storage has the best latency out there and from all reports is something you can actually tell the difference of.

If...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Just an interface, only thing that matters is what you plan to do with it. Do you even have a job capable of approaching that level of performance? Faster than most home networks, faster than most other forms of storage, etc. So it would only be useful if you had two of them and needed to transfer files between them, often. Otherwise even a SATA SSD is still fine for most people.

970 Evo is a fine compromise between good performance and okay reliability. If it needs to be super reliable, look at the Samsung Pro drives that still use MLC. If you want actual 'speed' improvements look at the large Intel Optane drives. That storage has the best latency out there and from all reports is something you can actually tell the difference of.

If you are going for bulk storage and it still needs to be SSD, the QLC drives are now available, from Samsung that would be the QVO series. I think Intel might have some as well? Haven't been paying attention, hasn't gotten to the point where I want to buy one, but getting close. Thinking of dumping my old 3TB hard drive for a 4TB SSD. Otherwise, for the money, hard drives are still the best way to store stuff.

Solution