Question Are there any reasonably quiet RTX 3060 Ti 's out there?

Jun 28, 2023
Hello,

are there any reasonably quiet RTX 3060 Ti -based cards out there? I've been looking into getting the MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8GD6X OC or the ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6X, but I hear many people compaining about how horribly noisy they are.
Are they really that noisy? I have a Fractal design Define R5 as my case and there's still room for more case fans, but I'm not completely convinced that would completely solve the issue.

I've also started looking into the Radeon RX 6700 XT, even though I've been a "Nvidia guy" for a long time.

Please, share your thoughts and insights. I'm trying to get this build done during my summer vacation that's about to start!

Regards,

Trokari

Mer08

Prominent
Jan 5, 2022
What about the Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti EAGLE OC D6X 8GB GDDRX6? I just made a build for a friend using that card, don't know about the noise, though. He hasn't built it yet.

Most of the modern GPUs have the FAN STOP 0db technology, so the fans won't even SPIN when the temp is below 60C. So noise shouldn't be an issue at all.

But if you really want a very silent GPU when the fans ramp up during heavy gaming/load, then consider getting an ASUS ROG STRIX Model. STRIX cards are dead silent, at least based on my own personal experience.

EDIT:

ASUS DUAL cards are loud though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Jun 28, 2023
Most of the modern GPUs have the FAN STOP 0db technology, so the fans won't even SPIN when the temp is below 60C. So noise shouldn't be an issue at all.

But if you really want a very silent GPU when the fans ramp up during heavy gaming/load, then consider getting an ASUS ROG STRIX Model. STRIX cards are dead silent, at least based on my own personal experience.

I'm not looking for a totally silent card, at least under decent load, but I've read about horror stories of certain MSI RTX 3060 Ti cards which were disturbingly noisy even under zero load conditions.
So, as don't have any personal experience with newer cards, I'm trying to get a hang of the situation. My current card is a very old and small EVGA GTX 1050 Ti which is very silent under any load.

Thanks for he Asus recommendation, but they are rather pricey.

Jun 28, 2023
I have the MSI Gaming Z 3060 ti and it runs pretty much silent.

Thanks, that'd good to know for the future. I found that card on sale at a local dealer for ~ $650 which I think is a bit of a ripoff at this point.

Over here in Europe the availability of decently priced hardware is still incredibly bad. My only source of at least somewhat good deals is Amazon.de, but their offering is rather limited as well. The MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8GD6X OC I asked about in my original post was priced at €350 which seemed like a good price and it has also now sold out, despite the noise claims.

It's starting to look like I have go with the Radeon RX 6700 XT or postpone this build yet another 6-12 months. Who knows, postponing the build might be a good idea anyways since Intel Meteor lake with a new socket is just around the corner and maybe the hardware prices continue to drop still.