[SOLVED] Are there any Titanium Power Supplies in the Market today that is over 1600 watts?

SeriousGaming101

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2016
Hello all,

I want to buy the highest rated power supply (Titanium) and also I want the highest watts possible in the market today(must be both Titanium + highest watts).

I am looking at popular brands and I cant decide which brand is better. For example EVGA 1600 watts Titanium PSU vs. Corsair 1600 watts Titanium PSU.

I will be running 2 RTX 3090s for gaming/mining.

Is there a higher watts PSU in the market today that is more than 1600+ and ALSO is TITANIUM rated?

Solution
Spikes are taken care by the over current protector (OCP) by not tripping.

Not necessarily.

Some PSUs work better with the Ampere cards than others. If you have a lot of capacitance storing power, then the graphics card can feed off of that for the transient loads, keeping OCP and OPP completely oblivious to the load. But if the caps drain too quickly, that spike in power hits the OCP or OPP (depending on which see it first).

Yes. Many manufacturers will test their PSUs to see if they can hold up to these "spikes", but not every PSU passes the test.
Yes, they do because sometimes they spike while under max load and then the spike will cause a shutdown (or worse).
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1dGQiNfCAc
Two 3090s would peak under 900w consumption:
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-geforce-rtx-3090-strix-oc/29.html
That also requires both cards to peak at the same time.
With the 9900ks, which can peak in the 200w range, a 1600w unit would be feasible if not necessarily required.

As for your question, no there are no Titanium rated power supplies over 1600w.
There is a single Platinum rated PSU clocking in at 2000w, if you really want to go that route: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/NNcMnQ/super-flower-power-supply-sf2000f14hp

For your use, there is really no benefit for Titanium over Platinum efficiency.

That is only the "peak". These cards also "spike" once in a while (And if you dont have enough power for the "spike" your whole PC will crash/restart). Major nuisance for miners and gamers.
Spikes are taken care by the over current protector (OCP) by not tripping. I believe manufacturers such as Corsair tests spiking behaviour before they sell their PSUs so that they can tweak the OCP especially in multi-rail 12V.

Spikes are taken care by the over current protector (OCP) by not tripping.

Not necessarily.

Some PSUs work better with the Ampere cards than others. If you have a lot of capacitance storing power, then the graphics card can feed off of that for the transient loads, keeping OCP and OPP completely oblivious to the load. But if the caps drain too quickly, that spike in power hits the OCP or OPP (depending on which see it first).

Yes. Many manufacturers will test their PSUs to see if they can hold up to these "spikes", but not every PSU passes the test.

Solution
Not necessarily.

Oh really? Didn't know that. That's another reason why you don't need 1600W just for two 3090s. I know that there are many PSUs that will fail the tests, Seasonic Focus pre 2018 for example. It's definitely not about the wattage.