Are there differences in xt and FX 5900?

teqguy

wired and confused wrote:

> W hats the difference?

The XT uses 2.8ns ram and a cut down clock speed.

Thats the only difference.

NaDa

"teqguy" <teqguy@techie.com> wrote:
> wired and confused wrote:
>
> > W hats the difference?
>

> The XT uses 2.8ns ram and a cut down clock speed.
>
> Thats the only difference.

There are some exceptions, like some (all?) Leadtek XTs have an
"accidental" 2,2ns ram which is very overclockable.

teqguy

Nada wrote:

> "teqguy" <teqguy@techie.com> wrote:
> > wired and confused wrote:
> >
> > > W hats the difference?
> >

> > The XT uses 2.8ns ram and a cut down clock speed.
> >
> > Thats the only difference.
>
> There are some exceptions, like some (all?) Leadtek XTs have an
> "accidental" 2,2ns ram which is very overclockable.

Oh really? How are they priced?

I got a PNY just because I got it retail with Call of Duty for $160.

On 6 Apr 2004 06:10:59 -0700, nada_says@hotmail.com (Nada) wrote:

>"teqguy" <teqguy@techie.com> wrote:
>> wired and confused wrote:
>>
>> > W hats the difference?
>>

>> The XT uses 2.8ns ram and a cut down clock speed.
>>
>> Thats the only difference.
>
>There are some exceptions, like some (all?) Leadtek XTs have an
>"accidental" 2,2ns ram which is very overclockable.
YMMV of course !! Not in the spec...........

John Lewis

NaDa

john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis) wrote:
> On 6 Apr 2004 06:10:59 -0700, nada_says@hotmail.com (Nada) wrote:

> >> The XT uses 2.8ns ram and a cut down clock speed.
> >>
> >> Thats the only difference.
> >
> >There are some exceptions, like some (all?) Leadtek XTs have an
> >"accidental" 2,2ns ram which is very overclockable.
> YMMV of course !! Not in the spec...........
>
> John Lewis

I'm totally LOL, IMHO, ROTFLAMAO and YMMV illiterate. The others I've
read in the usenet before, but YMMV is something new.

Where do you find a FX5900 XT for 160? Pricewatch lowest price is $177 shipped. And from talking to
fedex they dont spend much to ship it.

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 16:20:49 GMT, john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis) wrote:

>On 6 Apr 2004 06:10:59 -0700, nada_says@hotmail.com (Nada) wrote:

>>> The XT uses 2.8ns ram and a cut down clock speed.
>>>
>>> Thats the only difference.
>>
>>There are some exceptions, like some (all?) Leadtek XTs have an
>>"accidental" 2,2ns ram which is very overclockable.
>YMMV of course !! Not in the spec...........
>
>John Lewis

bytor

nada_says@hotmail.com (Nada) wrote in
>> John Lewis
>
> I'm totally LOL, IMHO, ROTFLAMAO and YMMV illiterate. The others I've
> read in the usenet before, but YMMV is something new.

LOL = Laughing Out Loud
IMHO = In My Honest Opinion or In My Humble Opinion
ROTFLMAO = Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary

NaDa

Bytor <spam@spam.net> wrote:
> nada_says@hotmail.com (Nada) wrote in
> >> John Lewis
> >
> > I'm totally LOL, IMHO, ROTFLAMAO and YMMV illiterate. The others I've
> > read in the usenet before, but YMMV is something new.
> >

> LOL = Laughing Out Loud
> IMHO = In My Honest Opinion or In My Humble Opinion
> ROTFLMAO = Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off
> YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary

I knew about the other three, but YMMV sounds like an army base or something.