[SOLVED] Are there graphics cards with a virus

Fyn

Aug 2, 2021
Hello, I bought a RX580 8GB from Ebay.

I switched off my PC, plugged in the card + connected the power cable and then switched it on again. Since then nothing, the PC goes on but no picture + no power to the keyboard and mouse (RGB does not work).

I am sure, it could also be due to the PC, so I did exactly the same with two other PCs and exactly the same thing comes out. Even if I turn on the PCs afterwards without the card. I have the problem.

Please help me, I don't know what to do next. How can that be?

Solution

I switched off my PC, plugged in the card + connected the power cable and then switched it on again. Since then nothing, the PC goes on but no picture + no power to the keyboard and mouse (RGB does not work).

I am sure, it could also be due to the PC, so I did exactly the same with two other PCs and exactly the same thing comes out. Even if I turn on the PCs afterwards without the card. I have the problem.

The gpu may have a short that wasn't announced in the sale and is sending spike to the systems firing them. However yes gpu viruses do exist. But my concern would be what systems are you using them on and are they strong...

The gpu may have a short that wasn't announced in the sale and is sending spike to the systems firing them. However yes gpu viruses do exist. But my concern would be what systems are you using them on and are they strong enough to support the gpu

Solution

Fyn

Aug 2, 2021
The gpu may have a short that wasn't announced in the sale and is sending spike to the systems firing them. However yes gpu viruses do exist. But my concern would be what systems are you using them on and are they strong enough to support the gpu

Yes i am 100% sure that the system is strong enough because i tested it on 3 PCs and one of them wars running the same model earlier