[SOLVED] Are there (moderately powerful) GPUs that are quiet while idle?

Jan 27, 2020
I'm not looking to upgrade my GPU (750 Ti), but it annoys me that its fans sit at 39% while at 0% usage. No program seems to be able to change that. So it's easily the loudest part of my pc, and i don't even use it most of the time! After unplugging the fans, it easily stays under 45° while web browsing (where its usage fluctuates but is mostly 0%). I don't mind that it's loud while gaming, that's unavoidable. Is the issue that it only has a 3-pin fan connector? I unfortunately have never had a different gpu so i don't know if it's just how gpus are.

So my question is: Are there (gaming) GPUs that have their fans (almost) off while just web browsing? If not then GPUs are simply not something i ever want to have in a pc ever again. (best i could find is a passive 1050 ti which is pretty neat if it actually stays cool)

(sorry for the long post for a pretty silly question like this)

Solution
It actually is often advertised in the manufacturer's provided info about the card, though many online stores won't provide those details. For example, I just did a quick search for GTX 1650 SUPER cards on Newegg, and two of the first four featured models that come up list the feature in their manufacturer-provided product descriptions...

MSI calls the feature "ZERO FROZR" and describes is as "First introduced in 2008 by MSI, ZERO FROZR technology stops the graphics card's fans completely when temperatures are relatively low, eliminating all fan noise when no cooling is needed. When the heat is on during gaming, the fans will automatically start spinning again to keep your powerhouse cool."...
It actually is often advertised in the manufacturer's provided info about the card, though many online stores won't provide those details. For example, I just did a quick search for GTX 1650 SUPER cards on Newegg, and two of the first four featured models that come up list the feature in their manufacturer-provided product descriptions...

MSI calls the feature "ZERO FROZR" and describes is as "First introduced in 2008 by MSI, ZERO FROZR technology stops the graphics card's fans completely when temperatures are relatively low, eliminating all fan noise when no cooling is needed. When the heat is on during gaming, the fans will automatically start spinning again to keep your powerhouse cool."
https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-gtx-1650-super-gtx-1650-super-gaming-x/p/N82E16814137484

And Gigabyte calls the feature "3D ACTIVE FAN" and describes it as "The 3D Active Fan provides semi-passive cooling, and the fans will remain off when the GPU is in a low load or low power game. It allows gamers to enjoy gameplay in complete silence when the system is running light or idle."
https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1650-super-gv-n165swf2oc-4gd/p/N82E16814932231

You may just have to search around a bit in the manufacturer's product writeups to find the relevant details.

Solution