Are there printer issues involving win 7 starter

mootcat

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Hello,
We have a Lexmark X4270 all in one printer hooked up to a WinXP Machine. We added the printer to a wireless unit that is running Win 7 Starter. It found and added the printer with no problem. When we send a print job it sits in the Queue and does not print. We get no error messages.

LexmarkListens

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011

It could be a printer driver issue. Try to uninstall your existing printer driver from your Windows 7. First, disconnect the printer from your Windows 7 pc. Then, on your computer, go to Start menu > Programs > Lexmark 4200 Series folder > Tools > Uninstall. After the uninstall process, reboot your pc when prompted.

When the pc turns on, check if your system is running on 32-bit or 64-bit operating system. Go to Start menu > right-click on Computer > click Properties. Take note of the System Type.

Use the link below to download and install the corresponding printer driver for your operating system:
- X4270 Driver for Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit
- X4270 Driver for Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit

Simply follow the instructions on your computer screen to complete the installation.

asis4sale

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013

Yes there is wireless printing issues. My father in laws hp photo smart printer was acting up after the latest windows update was installed, he replaced the printer and router only to find out that after you reboot your pc or turn printer on and off the printer goes into this offline mode...I would say it was him but when my printer an Hp wireless 4620 did the same thing we concluded it was the windows update....looked on microsoft site but nothing yet out there to fix this....

TRENDING THREADS