Are there tripods like these?

Since I am 700 miles from all my camera stuff, and have no way of getting to
a camera store, i figured I would ask here. Is there such a thing as a
tripod that I could put a Canon G5 on that fits these characteristics?
1 - has a widely adjustable height (basically normal heigth is as high as it
needs, but I'd like one that can get pretty low too)
2 - has a swiveling mount so that the camera can be pointed at the sky

I guess that's all I really need. How much would such a mount cost?
Thanks,
Richard

marlinspike wrote:
> Since I am 700 miles from all my camera stuff, and have no way of
> getting to a camera store, i figured I would ask here. Is there such
> a thing as a tripod that I could put a Canon G5 on that fits these
> characteristics? 1 - has a widely adjustable height (basically normal
> heigth is as high as it needs, but I'd like one that can get pretty
> low too) 2 - has a swiveling mount so that the camera can be pointed
> at the sky

I have a Manfrotto with a vertically reversible column that will do all
that. It's a bit heavy, so you may want to look at Gitzo tripods as well,
though they cost a bit more.

> I guess that's all I really need. How much would such a mount cost?

Roughly $100, including a ball head.
--

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com

dp

marlinspike wrote:

> Since I am 700 miles from all my camera stuff, and have no way of getting to
> a camera store, i figured I would ask here. Is there such a thing as a
> tripod that I could put a Canon G5 on that fits these characteristics?
> 1 - has a widely adjustable height (basically normal heigth is as high as it
> needs, but I'd like one that can get pretty low too)

For models that have a height adjustable center post some let you put
the head on the bottom (so it is hanging between the legs).