[SOLVED] Are there two versions of TPM modules for Asus motherboards?

Aug 5, 2021
Hi all, I just built a system using an Asus Z590-P motherboard and would like to buy a TPM module for it. There seem to be two versions of the 14 pin header on TPM modules for Asus boards. Each version has one of the pins locked out but they are at different pin numbers. My TPM header has blank pin in the corner. Modules I've seen on Ebay have a different pin locked out.

Is there any commonality among these modules? I contacted Asus support but they told me to go back to where I bought the motherboard from. Not very helpful.

Any idea where I can buy a TPM module for a Z590-P?

Thank you,
Alan Rovner
Vancouver, Wash.

Solution
Assuming this request is for eventual Windows 11 compatibility, just about ALL motherboard manufacturers are recommending to NOT buy a TPM module just yet.

Ind if you DO need one eventually, you buy whichever one is specified by the manufacturer, for that particular board.
Not specified by ad text on fleabay.

USAFRet

Titan
Assuming this request is for eventual Windows 11 compatibility, just about ALL motherboard manufacturers are recommending to NOT buy a TPM module just yet.

Ind if you DO need one eventually, you buy whichever one is specified by the manufacturer, for that particular board.
Not specified by ad text on fleabay.

Solution
Any idea where I can buy a TPM module for a Z590-P?
if it is an ASUS proprietary device than you may have to purchase from the ASUS Store.

first i would determine if the onboard Intel TPM or software supported TPM is enough for Windows 11.

Asus support but they told me to go back to where I bought the motherboard from. Not very helpful.
same response i got for years about purchasing their proprietary fan extension card.
finally ~2-3 years later i got a response telling me they can confirm that the device hasn't been available to purchase for years but they kept adding the extension header to their motherboards for some reason.

Last edited: