Are there unadvertised plans?

I'm on a 2400 minute AC plan for $149/mo. Call CS about problem turning off
my i600. At the end of the call the agent said that it looks like he could
upgrade me to 3000 minutes per month for same cost and that it wold not
reset my plan date. I ask if there is any down-side for me in accepting this
and he say's no changes other than the minutes available. I see no mention
of such a plan on their web site. How/why did this happen? Am I looking a
proverbial gift horse in the moutn bringing this up?

The dr offers: you've stumbled onto the new AC plans, that took effect
April 26. The complete AC list (which may vary by VZW market) are (and
you're right, they didn't show up in our regional web site, odd)

America's Choice: peak minutes, and all have unl n/we and free in-network
except the 300 minute plan

$34.99 300 (not sharable, does NOT have any in-network, but yes for unl
n/we)
$39.99 400
$49.99 500
$59.99 800
$79.99 1200
$99.99 2000
$149.99 3000
$199.99 4000
$299.99 6000

As of April 27th, public information in the Midwest.

"dg" <dg@isp.net> wrote in message
> I'm on a 2400 minute AC plan for $149/mo. Call CS about problem turning
off
> my i600. At the end of the call the agent said that it looks like he could
> upgrade me to 3000 minutes per month for same cost and that it wold not
> reset my plan date. I ask if there is any down-side for me in accepting
this
> and he say's no changes other than the minutes available. I see no mention
> of such a plan on their web site. How/why did this happen? Am I looking a
> proverbial gift horse in the moutn bringing this up?

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"Dr.wireMORE" <Dr.wireMORE@VZW-MidWESTma.com> wrote in message
> The dr offers: you've stumbled onto the new AC plans, that took effect
> April 26. The complete AC list (which may vary by VZW market) are (and
> you're right, they didn't show up in our regional web site, odd)
>
> America's Choice: peak minutes, and all have unl n/we and free in-network
> except the 300 minute plan

The OP said CS told him the change would not extend his contract. I have
never heard of that. My friend just had a similar experience where CS said
he could get more minutes for the same price but it added a year to his
contract.

On Mon, 3 May 2004 07:47:26 -0400, "George" <George@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>"Dr.wireMORE" <Dr.wireMORE@VZW-MidWESTma.com> wrote in message
>> The dr offers: you've stumbled onto the new AC plans, that took effect
>> April 26. The complete AC list (which may vary by VZW market) are (and
>> you're right, they didn't show up in our regional web site, odd)
>>
>> America's Choice: peak minutes, and all have unl n/we and free in-network
>> except the 300 minute plan
>>
>The OP said CS told him the change would not extend his contract. I have
>never heard of that. My friend just had a similar experience where CS said
>he could get more minutes for the same price but it added a year to his
>contract.

I believe you can change the amount of minutes up or down within your
plan without extending your contract. It's when you change promotional
features your contract is extended. They consider it a new contract.

So you're saying one cannot get the $34.99 plan if it does not show up
within my zip code?

Cary S. Hedges

"Dr.wireMORE" <Dr.wireMORE@VZW-MidWESTma.com> wrote in message
> The dr offers: you've stumbled onto the new AC plans, that took effect
> April 26. The complete AC list (which may vary by VZW market) are (and
> you're right, they didn't show up in our regional web site, odd)
>
> America's Choice: peak minutes, and all have unl n/we and free in-network
> except the 300 minute plan
>
> $34.99 300 (not sharable, does NOT have any in-network, but yes for unl
> n/we)
> $39.99 400
> $49.99 500
> $59.99 800
> $79.99 1200
> $99.99 2000
> $149.99 3000
> $199.99 4000
> $299.99 6000
>
> As of April 27th, public information in the Midwest.
>
> "dg" <dg@isp.net> wrote in message
> > I'm on a 2400 minute AC plan for $149/mo. Call CS about problem turning
> off
> > my i600. At the end of the call the agent said that it looks like he
could
> > upgrade me to 3000 minutes per month for same cost and that it wold not
> > reset my plan date. I ask if there is any down-side for me in accepting
> this
> > and he say's no changes other than the minutes available. I see no
mention
> > of such a plan on their web site. How/why did this happen? Am I looking
> > proverbial gift horse in the moutn bringing this up?

These revised AC plan have not shown up in my markert either SE
Atlanta GA 30303 which is very surprising since Atlant is one of the
top 10 markets and Cingular's home base .

The dr offers to Cary: "it depends". I thought the $34.99 AC300 was a
national offering and your zip code and agent offerings may vary. Give
Customer Service a call, and ask, as VZW is the final authority. If it is
offered in your area (hoping it is) then you should be able to get it!
Otherwise, Verizon plans can be a mystery; and may vary by region. Get the
most minutes for the lowest price, and enjoy the best of Verizon Wireless...
The dr.

"Cary S. Hedges" <no@way.com> wrote in message
> So you're saying one cannot get the $34.99 plan if it does not show up
> within my zip code?
>
> Cary S. Hedges
>
> "Dr.wireMORE" <Dr.wireMORE@VZW-MidWESTma.com> wrote in message
<snip>
> > $34.99 300 (not sharable, does NOT have any in-network, but yes for unl
> > n/we)
<snip>