[SOLVED] Are there ways to make a Ryzen 2600 cpu faster?

delviii

Prominent
Feb 11, 2019
Ive already overclocked to 4.1GHz and downloaded the ryzen power plan, is there any ways to make this cpu faster that i have not done? I have a gtx 1080 ti and the ryzen 2600 sometimes struggles to keep up and i get bottlenecking in some games.

Solution
It's the resolution that's hurting you. At 1080P the Ryzen 2600 should give you good performance but if your comparing the FPS at the resolution to a CPU such as the i5-9600K or i7-9700K then there's going to be quite a bit of a difference as the performance per core is quite better on those CPU's. At higher resolutions like 1440P or 4K the difference should be minimal.

delviii

Prominent
Feb 11, 2019
Other than overclocking, no. It will only go as fast as it allows.

However I am surprised that CPU is bottlenecking your GPU that badly. What resolution are you playing at?
mostly 1080p, sometimes 4k depending on what game im playing.

Also its not terrible bottlenecking but in cpu demanding games like gta v it really shows.

WildCard999

Titan
It's the resolution that's hurting you. At 1080P the Ryzen 2600 should give you good performance but if your comparing the FPS at the resolution to a CPU such as the i5-9600K or i7-9700K then there's going to be quite a bit of a difference as the performance per core is quite better on those CPU's. At higher resolutions like 1440P or 4K the difference should be minimal.

Reactions: delviii
Solution