Question Are these 2700x temps normal w/ stock cooler?

jareDrake13

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Hello, yesterday I completed the upgrade to my build (a new X470 mobo, 16 GB of DDR4 and a 2700x). For now I'm using the stock cooler; I've been wondering if the temps I'm getting while playing games are nominal for the chip. While playing a few games, each core is just a little bit over 4 ghz and the reported temp varies from 61-64 c. The program I'm getting my temps etc from is AMD Ryzen master, replies are appreciated!

jareDrake13

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Those temps are perfectly safe, anything under 80C is good.
Thanks, on a side not my new motherboard has a pretty annoying issue; whenever I enable fast boot it cannot find my boot drive at all. In the boot menu it lists absolutely not drives. When i disable it, the board find every drive, including USB drives perfectly. I updated the bios and that didn't help; my board is an Asrock X470 master AC

WildCard999

Titan
Thanks, on a side not my new motherboard has a pretty annoying issue; whenever I enable fast boot it cannot find my boot drive at all. In the boot menu it lists absolutely not drives. When i disable it, the board find every drive, including USB drives perfectly. I updated the bios and that didn't help; my board is an Asrock X470 master AC
I'm not entirely sure why it doesn't recognize the drives when fast boot is enabled. I think some versions of Windows don't support it but that may not be the issue. Are you using a SSD? If so is your boot time long?

WildCard999

Titan
No, it's not bad at all on the SSD I just like the idea of having it boot up the fastest it possibly can.
Understandable, I noticed this from the manual.

SgD05Se.png

I would try Fast Boot with all USB storage devices disconnected and see if it works.